|City||Cape Girardeau, Missouri|
|Branding||ESPN 92.9FM & 1220/1470|
|First air date||March 24, 1996|
|Power||250 watts (day)
137 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||Cape GIRardeau|
|Former callsigns||KZIM (1985-1985)
(MRR License LLC)
|Sister stations||KMAL, KCGQ-FM, KEZS-FM, KGKS, KZIM|
KGIR (1220 AM, "ESPN 92.9FM 1220/1470") is a radio station licensed to serve Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States. The station is owned by Max Media and licensed to MRR License LLC. It airs a Sports radio format in conjunction with KMAL and featuring programming from ESPN Radio.
In December 2003, Mississippi River Radio, acting as Max Media LLC (John Trinder, president/COO), reached an agreement to purchase WCIL, WCIL-FM, WJPF, WOOZ-FM, WUEZ, WXLT, KCGQ-FM, KEZS-FM, KGIR, KGKS, KJEZ, KKLR-FM, KLSC, KMAL, KSIM, KWOC, and KZIM from the Zimmer Radio Group (James L. Zimmer, owner). The reported value of this 17 station transaction was $43 million.
In the 1930s, the call letters KGIR belonged to a station in Butte, Montana, broadcasting on 1360 kHz with 500 W power.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- Homan, John D. (2003-12-19). "Zimmer sells 17 radio stations". Southern Illinoisan.
The Zimmer Radio Group, a family-owned media company, announced Wednesday it will sell 17 of its 32 stations [...] to Mississippi River Radio.
- "Changing Hands - 1/12/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-01-12.
- "Full Time for KGIR" (PDF). Broadcasting. March 1, 1932. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- KGIR official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KGIR
- Radio-Locator Information on KGIR
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KGIR
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|