|Broadcast area||Iron Range|
|Branding||96.1 Duke FM|
|Slogan||Plays The Legends of Country|
|Translator(s)||98.3 W252AN (Hibbing)|
|First air date||July 1, 1995 (as KGPZ)|
|HAAT||176 meters (577 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||DuKE FM|
|Former callsigns||KGPZ (1995–2017)|
|Sister stations||WEVE-FM, WMFG, WMFG-FM, WNMT, WTBX, WUSZ|
WDKE (96.1 FM; "Duke FM") is a radio station broadcasting a classic country format. Licensed to Coleraine, Minnesota, United States, the station serves the Iron Range area. Established in 1995 as KGPZ, the station is owned by Midwest Communications.
In April 2012, KGPZ changed to "Z96 North Country", adding more New Country hits and no longer broadcasting Citadel Media's "Real Country" network. The station now directly competed with WUSZ (99.9 FM).
On January 1, 2017, as a result of a sale between Red Rock Radio and Midwest Communications (Midwest acquired KGPZ in the sale), 96.1 adjusted their format to classic country, as "96.1 Duke FM"; the sale essentially turned KGPZ from a rival to WUSZ into a flanker for it. On January 30, 2017 KGPZ changed their call letters to WDKE, to go with the "Duke FM" branding.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-233. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Winter 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- "WDKE Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- Red Rock Sales Lead to Multiple Flips in Northern Minnesota
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WDKE
- Radio-Locator information on WDKE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WDKE
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W252AN
- Radio-Locator information on W252AN
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|