|City of license||Willcox, Arizona|
|Frequency||1250 kHz & 103.5 FM|
|First air date||1961|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
196 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||Hills surrounding Willcox Arizona|
KHIL (1250 AM, "Classic Country") is an AM\FM radio station licensed to serve Willcox, Arizona, USA. The station is owned by KZLZ LLC. It airs an classic country music format using a transmitter with an output of 5,000 watts (day), and 196 watts (night).
In 2007, KHIL applied to relocate to Kearny, Arizona, with a change in frequency to 1260 kHz and a power upgrade 10,000 watts. This application was dismissed by the FCC on April 21, 2008, and KHIL remains in Wilcox with a daytime power of 5,000 watts.
In March 2003, Clear Channel Communications reached a deal to acquire KHIL and KWCX-FM from Lakeshore Media LLC for $2.5 million, but that deal was contingent on the relocation of KWCX-FM to the Tucson area. The FCC denied the move and the deal fell through.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Don't let greed take away our radio stations". Arizona Range News. 2007-08-15.
- "Application Search Details". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. 2008-04-21.
- "Lakeshore Media Buys Arizona Stations KHIL-AM and KWCX-FM". Radio Ink. 2002-04-11.
- Reel, James (2004-10-07). "Media Watch: Yet More Clear Channel". Tucson Weekly.
- "Transactions 07-20-07". Radio Business Report. 2007-07-20.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KHIL
- Radio-Locator Information on KHIL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KHIL
|This article about a radio station in Arizona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|