|City of license||Gonzales, California|
|Broadcast area||Santa Cruz
|Branding||104.3 The Hippo|
|Repeaters||104.3 KHIP-FM1 (Carmel Valley)
106.1 K291AE (Seaside)
|First air date||1990 (as KPUP-FM)|
|Callsign meaning||K HIPpo|
|Former callsigns||KPUP-FM (1990-1991)
(Mapleton License of Monterey, LLC)
KHIP is a commercial radio station in Gonzales, California, broadcasting to the Santa Cruz-Monterey-Salinas, California area on 104.3 FM. Its studios are in Monterey while its transmitter is located east of Salinas.
KHIP airs a classic rock music format branded as "The Hippo".
104.3 was home of alternative rock KMBY which moved to 103.9 in a major switch in 2002.
- "Vox Jox". Billboard 107 (30): 114. July 29, 1995.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KHIP
- Radio-Locator information on KHIP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KHIP
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K291AE
- Radio-Locator information on K291AE