10 Years excellence logo as seen in 2016
|Kathmandu Infosys Educational Consultancy (P) Ltd.|
|Founded||September 19, 2006|
|Headquarters||1259 Dillibazar Rd., |
Number of locations
Standardized Test preparation
Language proficiency classes
Number of employees
|120 (March 2019)|
KIEC, formerly known as Kathmandu Infosys, is a private institution that serves students intending to study abroad and assists individuals for migration purpose. Its primary services include academic and career counseling, migration service, and standardized and proficiency test preparation. It is headquartered in Dillibazar Road, Kathmandu, in an area that has been referred to as the abroad education hub of the nation. Along with the head office in Dillibazar Road, it has a total of eleven branches in major economic hubs all over Nepal and two global office in Australia.
Kathmandu Infosys Educational Consultancy Pvt Ltd (generally known by its acronym KIEC) was founded by Rajendra Rijal in 19 September 2006.
Nepal Ministry of Education Certified Institution
Member of Educational Consultancy Association of Nepal.
In 2019, KIEC, along with a number of educational consultancies, were pulled into controversy as hundreds of Nepali students were enrolled in Australian Institute of Business and Technology whose course accreditation was terminated by Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) on 19 February 2019.
- "More About Kathmandu Infosys Educational Consultancy Pvt Ltd". Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Kathmandu Infosys Educational Consultancy Pvt. Ltd., kathmandu Nepal". Uniagents. Retrieved 25 April 2017.
- "Kathmandu Infosys - The Arc Northern Virginia". The Arc Northern Virginia. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "Membership details Kathmandu Infosys". Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Kathmandu Infosys सहि परामर्शका लागि". Pathashalatimes. 2017-03-15. Archived from the original on 2017-03-15. Retrieved 2017-04-25.
- "KATHMANDU INFOSYS EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANCY PTY LTD ACN 617 950 713". Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Asic.gov.au. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "ABN Lookup". abr.business.gov.au. 2014-11-01. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- "PIER Certified Agents from KIEC". Archived from the original on 2016-08-29. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Basnet-led group declares candidates for ECAN election". Republica.
- "150 consultancies sent over 700 Nepalis to an Australian institute without accreditation". kathmandupost.com. Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- "As study abroad numbers rise, Nepali students land in trouble". University World News. Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- Official website
- Kathmandu Infosys at Crunchbase
- Kathmandu Infosys companies grouped at OpenCorporates