|Broadcast area||Sacramento metropolitan area|
|Branding||Punjabi Radio USA|
|Slogan||Uniting Punjabis All Over|
|Repeater(s)||KOBO 1450 AM (Yuba City)|
|First air date||1945|
|Power||5,000 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Former callsigns||KNDE, KXOA, KQPT, KOME, KRAK|
|Owner||Punjabi American Media, LLC
(Punjabi American Media LLC)
KIID (1470 AM) is a radio station licensed to Sacramento, California, United States. The station is owned by Balwinder Kaur Khalsa and Dilpreet Singh Khalsa, through licensee Punjabi American Media LLC.
The station went on the air as KXOA in 1945. The call letters were changed to KNDE in 1970 after KXOA AM and FM were sold to separate owners. On 1978-09-28, the station changed its call sign to KXOA which broadcast on 1470 AM for the most part in various incarnations since 1945. On April 15, 1997, the callsign was changed to KQPT; on July 16, 1998 to KOME; on January 15, 1999 to KRAK; & finally on February 19, 2001 to the current KIID, along with the sale to Disney and switch to a Radio Disney format.
On August 13, 2014, Disney put KIID and twenty-two other Radio Disney stations up for sale, in order to focus more on digital distribution of the Radio Disney network. Disney originally planned to temporarily shut down the station on September 26, 2014. However, will remain on the air and continue carrying Radio Disney programming until it is sold.
On June 29, 2015, Radio Disney Sacramento filed an application to sell KIID to Punjabi American Media. It was approved by the FCC on August 26, 2015. The sale was completed on September 25, 2015, at a purchase price of $800,000.
On July 15, 2009, two of the three radio towers KIID broadcasts from were destroyed due to a fire at the transmitter site. Towers 1 (center) and 2 (eastern) were destroyed. All three towers were replaced.
- "KIID Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Lafayette, Jon (August 13, 2014). "Exclusive: Radio Disney Moving Off Air to Digital". Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Radio Disney to Sell the Majority of Its Stations". Billboard. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Venta, Lance (August 13, 2014). "Radio Disney To Sell All But One Station". Radio Insight. Retrieved September 27, 2014.
- "NERW Extra: No Signoffs for Disney AMs". Northeast Radio Watch. Retrieved 27 September 2014. (subscription required)
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. June 29, 2015. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Assignment of License - Federal Communications Commission
- Consummation Notice - Federal Communications Commission
- Application for Consent to Assignment - Federal Communications Commission
- Radio Tower Collapses In Sacramento Fire - KCRA
- FCC History Cards for KIID
- Punjabi Radio USA Website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KIID
- Radio-Locator Information on KIID
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KIID
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to Sacramento, California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|