|Broadcast area||Omaha-Council Bluffs|
|HAAT||124.0 meters (406.8 ft)|
|Owner||Kona Coast Radio (sale pending to Educational Media Foundation)|
KIMI (107.7 FM) is a silent radio station and is licensed to Malvern, Iowa, United States, serving the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area. The station is owned by the Kona Coast Radio. and is in the process of being sold to Educational Media Foundation.
This frequency (107.7) was supposed to be the planned CP for KGGG, but the application was cancelled and deleted in 2010, over issues with the Federal Aviation Administration over its transmitter location.
On June 15, 2012 KIMI filed an application to modify the existing U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) construction permit. It had been planned to be 6,000 watts at 107.9 MHz. The station moved to 107.7 MHz, changed the city of license to Sidney, Iowa, moved to a new transmitter site, increased ERP to 50,000 watts and increased HAAT to 124 meters.
In late April 2016, it was announced that 107.7 KIMI Malvern IA was being sold to Educational Media Foundation and slated as a satellite of 92.7 KYRA FM in Thousand Oaks, CA to service the Omaha, NE Metro area with Christian Rock from the nationally syndicated Air 1 network. As of October 2016, the station was granted a special authority to operate with reduced power of 110 watts. It has been broadcasting a commercial-less classic rock format since October 14, 2016.
- "KIMI Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2011-12-17.
- "FCC Deletes Omaha-Area Allocation" from All Access (November 24, 2010)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 17, 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KIMI
- Radio-Locator information on KIMI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KIMI
- FCC application
|This article about a radio station in Nebraska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|