|Broadcast area||Monterey-Salinas-Santa Cruz|
|Branding||Powertalk Central Coast 1460 AM and 101.1 FM|
|Slogan||The Central Coast's Political Talk Headquarters|
|First air date||1949|
|Power||10,000 watts day|
10,000 watts night
|Former callsigns||KHTX (1991-1992)|
|Affiliations||Fox News Radio, ABC Radio, Premiere Radio Networks|
|Owner||iHeartMedia, Inc. |
(CC Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||KDON-FM, KOCN, KPRC-FM, KTOM-FM|
KION (1460 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Salinas, California, United States, the station serves the Monterey-Salinas-Santa Cruz area. The station is currently owned by iHeartMedia, Inc. and features programming from Fox News Radio, ABC Radio and Premiere Radio Networks.
The station was assigned the call letters KHTX on December 28, 1991. On January 10, 1992, the station changed its call sign to KRQC. In January 1995, the station reverted to KHTX. On May 1, 1997, the station became KDON, and on October 12, 1998, KTXX. In August 2002, the calls became the current KION; however, on October 19, 2004, the station changed again to KABL. On December 31, 2006, the station reverted to the current KION.
KION is the home of Armstrong & Getty, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, America Now and Coast to Coast AM. Weekend programming has various programming and time brokered paid programs including Bill Cunningham, Kim Komando and simulcasts NBC's Meet The Press. KION is the local over-the-air home of the San Francisco 49ers, San Jose State Spartans, Cal State Monterey Bay Otters, San Jose Sharks and the Santa Cruz Warriors.
- "KION Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KION Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/181819/industry-directory-update-iheartmedia-monterey-sal IHeart Media Salinas Monterey moves to KION-TV's building Retrieved 24 November, 2018
- "KION Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- FCC History Cards for KION
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KION
- Radio-Locator Information on KION
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KION
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K266BD
- Radio-Locator information on K266BD
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|