This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||Kansas City Metro Area|
|First air date||1988|
|Format||Eclectic: Jazz, Blues, Rock music, World music, Talk, News|
|Owner||Mid-Coast Radio Project, Inc.|
KKFI is an independent, non-commercial, non-profit, 501(c)(3), volunteer-based, community radio station located in Kansas City, Missouri. Formed in 1988, it broadcasts at 100,000 watts on 90.1 FM. Its mission is to provide programming to those in the Kansas City community who are otherwise un-represented or under-represented by mainstream media. Its eclectic music programming includes blues, jazz, reggae, rock, hip hop, alternative, Hispanic and world music. Its local and national public affairs programming includes shows dealing with working class, organized labor, peace, justice, LGBT, women, and alternative health issues.
- "History of KKFI 90.1 FM – Mid-Coast Radio Founders Inspired by "Sex and Broadcasting"". KKFI. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Mid-Coast Radio Project Inc. dba KKFI 90.1 FM". Greater Kansas City Community FoundationI. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- Official Web Site
- Listen Live!: Windows
- Listen Live!: Apple and others
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KKFI
- Radio-Locator information on KKFI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KKFI