|Broadcast area||Albuquerque Metropolitan|
|Power||5,000 watts day
500 watts night
|Callsign meaning||KK News Source|
|Former callsigns||KARA 1959-??
|Owner||El Camino Communications
KKNS (1310 AM) was an American radio station licensed to Corrales, New Mexico, and served the Albuquerque metropolitan area. This station had been off the air since fall 2012. It was last owned by El Camino Communications and last aired a Spanish-language Christian Contemporary music format branded as "El Camino" (The Way). On July 23, 2015 the license for this station was cancelled by the FCC. 
El Camino had purchased the station from Simmons Media Group in early 2007. It started a new Spanish Oldies format in January 2007 as "La Nortenita 1310". In June 2008 the station began a rebroadcast on FM translator K240BL on 95.9 in Albuquerque. It has also changed its format to Regional Mexican and rebranded as "La Ley" a brand previously used by KZNM 106.7 for several months in 2007. In the fall of 2011 the format was changed to Spanish Christian Contemporary as "El Camino". By fall 2012 the AM station went silent but had continued to broadcast on the 95.9 translator until June 2013 when it changed to airing programming from KIVA 1600 AM. On February 7, 2014 it was observed that 1310 AM was broadcasting in Albuquerque in Spanish.
- KARA Adult Standards 1960?-?
- KXAK Religious ??-1987
- KIVA Top 40 (simulcast with 105.1 FM) 1987-1988
- KZRQ Hard rock/Heavy metal "Z-Rock" 1988-1992 (moved to 105.1 FM)
- KIVA Adult Standards 1992-1999
- KBTK Talk "Citytalk" 1999-2003
- KKNS News/Talk "News Source 1310" 2003-2005
- KKNS Sports Talk "The Ticket" 2005-2007
- KKNS Spanish Oldies "La Nortenita" 2007-2008
- KKNS Regional Mexican "La Ley 95.9" 2008-2011
- KKNS Spanish Christian Contemporary "El Camino" 2011-??
- Query the FCC's AM station database for DKKNS
- Radio-Locator Information on DKKNS
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for DKKNS
|This article about a radio station in New Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|