KLE Technological University
|B.V. Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering and Technology|
|Motto||Creating Value, Leveraging Knowledge|
|Vice-Chancellor||Ashok S. Shettar|
|Campus||Urban area |
53 acres (210,000 m2)
KLE Technological University is a private university in Hubballi/ Hubli. It was earlier known as B. V. B. College of Engineering and Technology (BVBCET) and was upgraded to a university under the KLE Technological University Act, 2012.
KLE Technological University (KLE Tech) has its roots in one of the premier engineering institutions of Karnataka, the B. V. Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli (BVB). The founding organization, KLE Society, Belgaum, established the BVB college in 1947 with the hope of creating an institution that would lay the foundation for modern engineering education in northern Karnataka.
- 1 History
- 2 Academics
- 3 Campus
- 4 Industry linkages
- 5 Notable alumni
- 6 References
- 7 External links
KLE Technological University (formerly BVBCET) was established by the Karnatak Lingayat Education Society (KLE Society). It owes its original name to the businessman-philanthropist Shri Basappa Veerappa Bhoomaraddi. It began as a polytechnic in Gadag but shifted to Hubli in 1948 and upgraded itself to a college. Until 1972, it offered only diploma and undergraduate degree programs.
History of BVBCET
Until 1972, it offered both diploma and undergraduate degree programs. Later, it offered 12 undergraduate programs and eight postgraduate programs besides research programs in seven disciplines. It was affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and its undergraduate programs were accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of the All India Council for Technical Education.
Established in 1947, BVBCET offered 12 UG and 8 PG programs affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, is recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and is accredited to NBA. Current annual student intake for Undergraduate & Post Graduate programmes is in excess of 1200. In pursuit of academic excellence, the college attained academic autonomy from University Grant Commission (UGC) in the year 2007.
Emergence of BVBCET as KLE Tech
Keeping the above challenges in mind BVB College of Engineering and Technology undertook a strategic initiative of transforming itself into a university of national distinction. In 2014 the college was recognized as a state private university by the Government of Karnataka. The rich heritage of BVB College as one of the best engineering colleges combined with the brand equity of KLE Society are the starting points for KLE Technological University to emerge as a University with national stature.
The university offers 12 undergraduate programs, eight postgraduate programs and research programs in seven disciplines. In 2014 the college was recognized as a state private university by the Government of Karnataka.
Spread over 53 acres (210,000 m2), the campus has buildings with varied architecture, comprising classrooms, laboratories and hostel facilities for boys and girls.
School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
This Department was the first to be founded in 1947 and it has the distinction of being the first in the entire region of North Karnataka. The school has a reputed and fully equipped consultancy cell which takes up various projects in and around North-Karnataka region.
An array of sophisticated facilities in various areas such as – ETABS, SAP 2000, AutoCAD, Primavera P6, surveying, FEA, GIS, Pavement Research, Environmental Engineering and Geo-technical Engineering ensure that students derive benefits from using them.
Incubation Centres at KLE Tech
Centre for Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship - CTIE
Centre for Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship - CTIE, at BVB Campus, KLE Technological University, was established in 2012 and has been providing space, mentorship, technical support and access to labs for tech start-ups through the incubation model.
CTIE works closely with the Centre for Innovation and Product Development (CIPD) as a feeder of commercializable technology ideas. CIPD has a vision to promote product development competency in engineering students. It ensures multi disciplinary approach to connect to students from various engineering and business streams to work together.
VLSI/ ESDM Incubation Centre
Hubballi got a unique facility when the VLSI/ ESDM incubation centre to promote startups in this sector was opened at the KLE Tech Park at KLE Technological University (KLETU) on July 17, 2018.
Karnataka Biotechnology & Information Technology Services (KBITS), Indian Electronics & Semiconductors Association (IESA) and KLETU have come together to develop this facility to support entrepreneurs in the emerging sector of VLSI/ ESDM (Very Large Scale Integration/ Electronics System Design and Manufacturing). IT-BT, Science & Technology and Large & Medium Industries Minister K J George inaugurated the centre on July 17, 2018. IT-BT Department Principal Secretary Gaurav Gupta, IESA Working President Anilkumar M, KLETU Vice Chancellor Ashok Shettar, Deshpande Foundation founder Gururaj Deshpande, Deshpande Foundation CEO Vivek Pawar, KLE Society director Shankaranna Munavalli and others were present.
- Sankalp Semiconductor has a branch office within the university premises and works with the Electronics and Communications Department.
- Navya Biological has a Process Development Centre within the university premises and works with the Biotechnology Department.
- IBM Software Centre of Excellence has created a group with the aim of improving the technical skills of the students.
- Bosch Center of Competence for Automation Technologies is in the campus.
- Altair Engineering India has partnered with KLE University to set up the Altair Design Innovation Center (ADIC) at KLE University's Hubbali campus.
The Alumni of the Institute have done exceedingly well in all spheres of life at both national and international levels and brought name and fame for themselves as well as to their Alma Mater.
- "Private University Karnataka". University Grants Commission (India). Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "State to Get 13 More Private Universities". DNA : Daily News & Analysis – via HighBeam (subscription required). 14 December 2012. Archived from the original on 9 January 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "BVB College upgraded as university". The Times of India. 10 May 2015. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "About Us - KLE Technological University". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "BVB College upgraded as university - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "Centre for Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship". www.klectie.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Incubation centre opened at KLE Technological University". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 18 July 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 18 July 2018.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "ECE - KLE Technological University". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "IBM Software Centre of Excellence - Karnataka". Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "ARE - KLE Technological University". KLE Technological University. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- "Altair Engg sets up design centre in Hubbali university". @businessline. Retrieved 9 August 2018.