|Broadcast area||San Luis Obispo, California|
|Branding||Radio Lazer 94.1 FM|
|First air date||September 1997|
|Callsign meaning||La Maquina Musical|
Radio Lazer |
(Lazer Licenses, LLC)
|Website||Radio Lazer Santa Maria-San Luis Obispo|
KLMM (94.1 FM) is a commercial radio station that is licensed to Oceano, California, United States and serves the San Luis Obispo area. The station is owned by Lazer Licenses, LLC and broadcasts a regional Mexican music format.
The station first signed on in September 1997 as KBZK and originally was licensed to Morro Bay, California. It was owned by Sarape Communications Inc., headed by Andrew James Fakas, and broadcast an adult contemporary music format. In November 1998, Sarape Communications sold KBZK and sister station KBZX (103.1 FM) in Paso Robles, California to Moon Broadcasting Paso Robles LLC, a Los Angeles-based ownership group led by Abel A. de Luna, for $750,000. At the time, KBZX was simulcasting KBZK's AC format. The following April, the new owner broke the simulcast and flipped each station to separate Spanish-language programming; KBZK became KLMM, a regional Mexican music outlet branded as "La Maquina Musical". In June 2000, Oxnard-based Lazer Broadcasting purchased KLMM and its Paso Robles sister station, now called KLUN, from Moon Broadcasting for $1.15 million.
- "Directory of Radio Stations in the U.S." (PDF). Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook 1998. R.R. Bowker. 1998. p. D-53. ISBN 0-8352-4003-7. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Changing Hands" (PDF). Broadcasting and Cable. R.R. Bowker. November 30, 1998. p. 130. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Rumbles, Pt. 1" (PDF). Radio and Records. April 23, 1999. p. 28. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- "Emmis Enters Phoenix, Denver With Clear Channel Spins" (PDF). Radio and Records. June 23, 2000. p. 6. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KLMM
- Radio-Locator information on KLMM
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KLMM
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|