|City||Fort Worth, Texas|
|Broadcast area||Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex|
|Branding||Qué Buena 94.1|
|Frequency||94.1 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||1961 (as KCPA)|
|HAAT||485 meters (1,591 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KCPA (1961-1964)|
|Owner||Univision Radio |
(Univision Radio Illinois, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KFZO, KESS, KFLC, KDXX|
Also part of the Univision Cluster: TV Stations KUVN and KSTR
|Webcast||Listen Live (via iHeartRadio)|
|Website||Ke Buena 94.1 Online|
KLNO (94.1 FM) is a Regional Mexican music formatted radio station broadcasting to the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in Texas. The station's studios are located along the John W. Carpenter Freeway in the Stemmons Corridor of Northwest Dallas.
This signal was created in 1981 when then owner Marcos Rodriguez, Sr. successfully petitioned the FCC to change the frequency of KESS 93.9 to 94.1 and permit a move to the Cedar Hill, Texas antenna farm. His son, Marcos A. Rodriguez, controlled this frequency from 1986 to 1999.
In 1964, Marcos Rodriguez, Sr. was hired by Mike Bradley and became the first full-time employee of 93.9 (then owned by John Walton and called KBUY-FM). John Walton purchased KBUY when it was called KCUL. Its call letters came from the backwards spelling of the original owner's name - Dr. L.H. Luck.
Sometime in early 2014, KLNO (alongside other Univision-owned stations) has dropped its "La Que Buena" branding in favor of using the frequency as its ident.
- Parish Perkins, Ken (May 6, 2009). "Religious experience: Christian radio learns to live in a secular world". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved September 6, 2009.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- http://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=10 HD Radio Guide for Dallas-Ft. Worth
- La Que Buena 94.1 FM
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KLNO
- Radio-Locator information on KLNO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KLNO
- DFW Radio/TV History
- DFW Radio Archives
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|