|Broadcast area||Sikeston, Missouri|
|First air date||September 17, 1999|
|Power||1,000 watts (day only)|
(MRR License LLC)
|Sister stations||KGIR, KLSC, KSIM|
KMAL (1470 AM, "ESPN 1220/1470") is a radio station licensed to serve Malden, Missouri, United States. The station is owned by Max Media and licensed to MRR License LLC. It airs a sports format in conjunction with KGIR and featuring programming from ESPN Radio.
In December 2003, Mississippi River Radio, acting as Max Media LLC (John Trinder, president/COO), reached an agreement to purchase WCIL, WCIL-FM, WJPF, WOOZ-FM, WUEZ, WXLT, KCGQ-FM, KEZS-FM, KGIR, KGKS, KJEZ, KKLR-FM, KLSC, KMAL, KSIM, KWOC, and KZIM from the Zimmer Radio Group (James L. Zimmer, owner). The reported value of this 17 station transaction was $43 million.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- Homan, John D. (2003-12-19). "Zimmer sells 17 radio stations". Southern Illinoisan.
The Zimmer Radio Group, a family-owned media company, announced Wednesday it will sell 17 of its 32 stations [...] to Mississippi River Radio.
- "Changing Hands - 1/12/2004". Broadcasting & Cable. 2004-01-12.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KMAL
- Radio-Locator Information on KMAL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KMAL
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|