|Broadcast area||Fort Collins-Greeley|
|Branding||94.3 The X|
|Slogan||Front Range Alternative|
|First air date||2002 (as KKQZ)|
|Former callsigns||KKQZ (2002-2007)|
(Townsquare Media of Ft. Collins, Inc.)
KMAX-FM (94.3 FM, 94.3 The X) is a radio station broadcasting an Alternative Rock format. Licensed to Wellington, Colorado, United States, the station serves the Fort Collins-Greeley area. The station is currently owned by Townsquare Media.
The station was granted a construction permit on April 21, 2000 under a temporary call sign, and on October 15, 2002, the station changed its call sign to KKQZ. The FCC issued a license to cover on February 26, 2003 and on May 7, 2007, the call sign was changed to the current KMAX-FM.
On November 11, 2011 KMAX-FM began stunting with Christmas music branded as "Santa 94.3".
On August 1, 2015 KMAX-FM began stunting as "Spin 94", airing a new format each day with a new format starting with CHR as "94.3 Hit FM", followed by a Radio Disney knockoff as "Hide and Seek 94.3", classic country as "Classic 94.3", and finally Christmas music as "Ho Ho 94". On August 5th at Noon, 94.3 flipped to alternative rock as "94.3 The X". The announcement had been made at a listener concert for sister station KKPL on the first night of stunting.
- "KMAX-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KMAX Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Townsquare Media Launches 94.3 Loudwire in Northern Colorado".
- 94.3 Loudwire Fort Collins Spinning to Alternative
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KMAX
- Radio-Locator information on KMAX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KMAX
|This article about a radio station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|