|Broadcast area||Fort Collins-Greeley|
|Branding||94.3 The X|
|First air date||2002 (as KKQZ)|
|Callsign meaning||K MAX (94.3 Max FM former branding)|
|Former callsigns||KKQZ (2002-2007)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media of Ft. Collins, Inc.)
KMAX-FM (94.3 FM, 94.3 The X) is a radio station broadcasting an Alternative Rock format. Licensed to Wellington, Colorado, United States, the station serves the Fort Collins-Greeley area. The station is currently owned by Townsquare Media.
The station was granted a construction permit on April 21, 2000 under a temporary call sign, and on October 15, 2002, the station changed its call sign to KKQZ. The FCC issued a license to cover on February 26, 2003 and on May 7, 2007, the call sign was changed to the current KMAX-FM.
On November 11, 2011 KMAX-FM began stunting with Christmas music branded as "Santa 94.3".
On August 1, 2015 KMAX-FM began stunting as "Spin 94", airing a new format each day with a new format starting with CHR as "94.3 Hit FM", followed by a Radio Disney knockoff as "Hide and Seek 94.3", classic country as "Classic 94.3", and finally Christmas music as "Ho Ho 94". On August 5 at Noon, 94.3 flipped to alternative rock as "94.3 The X". The announcement had been made at a listener concert for sister station KKPL on the first night of stunting.
- "KMAX-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KMAX Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Townsquare Media Launches 94.3 Loudwire in Northern Colorado".
- 94.3 Loudwire Fort Collins Spinning to Alternative
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KMAX
- Radio-Locator information on KMAX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KMAX
|This article about a radio station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|