|Broadcast area||Eugene-Springfield, Oregon|
|Slogan||Today's Hits, Yesterday's Favorites|
|Translator(s)||93.9 K230AD (Cottage Grove)
100.9 K265CZ (Oakridge)
|First air date||July 30, 1962 (as KBMC)|
|ERP||49,000 watts (hor.)
21,000 watts (vert.)
|HAAT||396 meters (1299 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||K MaGic E (previous branding)|
|Former callsigns||KBMC (1962-1987)|
|Owner||McKenzie River Broadcasting Company, Inc.|
|Sister stations||KEUG, KKNU|
KMGE (94.5 FM, "Mix 94.5") is a radio station licensed to serve Eugene, Oregon, USA. The station, which began broadcasting in 1962, is currently owned by McKenzie River Broadcasting. KMGE broadcasts an adult contemporary music format to the Eugene-Springfield, Oregon, area.
This station began broadcasting on July 30, 1962, with 3,400 watts of power on 94.5 MHz as KBMC under the ownership of Milan Corp. KBMC was acquired in October 1965 by Good Shepherd Broadcasting, Inc. Good Shepherd aired a religious radio format.
Good Shepherd Broadcasting, Inc., made a deal to transfer the broadcast license for KBMC to the Inspirational Broadcasting Corporation in 1978. Under the Inspirational Broadcasting Corporation's ownership, KBMC continued to broadcast a religious radio format.
In September 1986, Inspirational Broadcasting Corp. reached an agreement to sell this station to McKenzie River Broadcasting Company, Inc. The deal was approved by the FCC on October 29, 1986, and the transaction was consummated on December 18, 1986. The new owners had the Federal Communications Commission change the station's call letters to KMGE on January 6, 1987.
Awards and honors
KMGE was recognized by the Oregon Association of Broadcasters in 2001 as a runner-up for Best Commercial Spot Announcement-Radio and both winner and runner-up in the Best Commercial Promotional Campaign for a Client-Radio category.
KMGE programming is also carried on multiple broadcast translator stations to extend or improve the coverage area of the station.
|City of license||ERP
|K230AD||93.9||Cottage Grove, Oregon||250||D||FCC|
- "Directory of AM and FM Radio stations in the U.S.". 1964 Broadcasting Yearbook. Washington, D.C.: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1964. p. B-126.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Directory of AM and FM Radio Stations in the U.S.". Broadcasting Yearbook 1973. Washington, D.C.: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1973. p. B-163.
- "Directory of Radio Stations in the United States and Canada". Broadcasting Yearbook 1979. Washington, D.C.: Broadcasting Publications, Inc. 1979. p. C-180.
- "Application Search Details (BALH-19860908GY)". FCC Media Bureau. December 18, 1986.
- Brickner, Sara (September 20, 2004). "Radio stations broadcast wide variety of sounds". Oregon Daily Emerald.
- "Business Beat Column". Eugene Register-Guard. October 4, 2001.