|Broadcast area||Phoenix, Arizona|
|Branding||New Country New KMLE @ 107-9|
|Frequency||107.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)
107.9 HD2 KMLE Country
|First air date||April 18, 1980|
|Callsign meaning||Sounds like "Camel" (jumbled)|
|Former callsigns||KLRG (1979, CP)|
(CBS Radio Stations Inc.)
|Sister stations||KOOL-FM, KALV-FM|
KMLE is a country music radio station serving the Phoenix, Arizona area. The Entercom station operates at 107.9 MHz with an ERP of 96 kW and is licensed to Chandler, Arizona. Its facility ID number is 59965. Its studios are located in downtown Phoenix, and its transmitter is in South Mountain Park.
KMLE's first owners got a permit in 1979, under the KLRG call sign. It was never used, and it eventually acquired the KMLE call letters on June 18 of that year. The station signed on April 18, 1980. KMLE is one of two country music outlets in the Phoenix market, since it is locked into a long time battle with Clear Channel-owned KNIX-FM, which began in 1988.
The New KMLE @ 107.9 is home to Chris and Nina in mornings, then Jared Marshall in your workday. Alana Lynn on your drive home and Jeana (Gina) at night.
Though the station's ID may sound like "Camel Country", it is spelled with the station's call letters. The same goes for the KMLE in KMLE Nation.
KMLE's HD Radio signal is multiplexed. The main signal is a simulcast of KMLE's country music programming. The second channel carried KMLE Country, Tim and Willy's Classic Country.
Tim and Willy were terminated from the radio station during the summer of 2012. The "brand" on the second channel was changed to Top 20. It left Phoenix with no classic country availability over the air.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook 1999 (PDF). 1999. p. D-22. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- CBS Radio to Merge with Entercom
- "Entercom Receives FCC Approval for Merger with CBS Radio". Entercom. November 9, 2017. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- Venta, Lance (November 17, 2017). "Entercom Completes CBS Radio Merger". Radio Insight. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- KMLE Country 107.9's website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KMLE
- Radio-Locator information on KMLE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KMLE