|Branding||ESPN Radio 1510 KMND|
|Slogan||"When it comes to sports in West Texas, you can always count on ESPN Radio 1510 KMND."|
|Frequency||1510 AM (kHz)|
|First air date||1958|
|Power||2,400 watts day|
(Townsquare Media Odessa-Midland II License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KBAT, KGEE, KNFM, KODM, KRIL, KZBT|
KMND (1510 AM), branded as "ESPN Radio 1510 KMND", is a radio station that serves the Midland–Odessa metropolitan area with ESPN Radio sports talk shows, The Dan Patrick Show, Dallas Cowboys radio network weekday updates, the WinningEDGE Radio Show, and a weekly sports update on Pro Football and Basketball. The station is under ownership of Townsquare Media and can be heard online at http://kmnd.com/listen-live/popup/.
1510 AM signed on in Midland in 1958. It began as a 500 watt daytimer called KABH. Over its early years it was a middle of road station. Partners in cross town KNFM acquired an interest in KABH and the letters were changed to KNAM. About 1979 the station changed owners, relocated its office, and changed calls to KMND for "Command".
As an affiliate of the Dallas Cowboys, KMND has signed to carry the Wade Phillips show and the Dallas Cowboys daily report, but they do not have the contract to air the games. Sister station KGEE/KNFM airs the Cowboys games in the Odessa-Midland area. As an affiliate of ESPN Radio, the station carries commercials for the ESPN Radio College Football Game of the Week, the BCS on ESPN Radio, the NIT on ESPN Radio, and Major League Baseball on ESPN Radio, but the station only aired college bowl games that were sold as part of ESPN Radio coverage nationwide. In 2009 they ended up adding the full broadcast schedule beginning with the NBA on ESPN Radio and then continuing into Major League Baseball on ESPN Radio. They also carry live coverage of the Midland High Bulldogs and the Midland Lee Rebels post-season play for all sports except football. The station doesn't produce any local shows, but in the past they produced Sportstalk with Robbie Burns which aired weekdays from 3 PM- 6 PM and Saturday from 10 AM- 12 PM. They also aired coverage of post-season sports for the Midland College Chaparalls from 2004-2008. In 2009 those rights moved to KQRX.
Before becoming an ESPN Radio affiliate, KMND specialized in talk radio shows now found on KCRS (AM), including Rush Limbaugh, and tejano music.
Shows carried on a seasonal basis
- ESPN Radio College GameDay (Sat, September–December)
- NFL on ESPN Radio (Sun, September–January)
- Countdown to Kickoff (Sun, September–January)
- Football Tonight
- Baseball Tonight on ESPN Radio
- Football Friday (Fri, September–January)
- The Baseball Show- now part of SportsCenter Saturday and SportsCenter Sunday (Sun, April–July; Sat, August- September; Tues- Thurs, October)
- The Huddle- now part of SportsCenter Saturday (Sat, February- July)
- Football Tonight Presents the Mort Report
Shows the station has previously aired as an ESPN Radio affiliate
- NBA Sunday
- The Tony Kornheiser Show
- The Stephen A. Smith Show
- The Mike Tirico Show
- Tirico and Van Pelt
- The Scott Van Pelt Show
- SportsTalk With Robbie Burns
- SportsNation on ESPN Radio
Live sports KMND has broadcast
- Cotton Bowl Classic (1998–2002)
- Sun Bowl (1998–2002)
- NFL on Westwood One (1998–2002)
- Texas Longhorns football (1998–2006)
- TCU Horned Frogs football (1998–2006)
- Texas Tech Lady Raider Basketball (1998–2006)
- Motor Racing Network (1998–2006)
- 2007 New Mexico Bowl
- 2007 Hawaii Bowl
- 2007 Chick-fil-A Bowl
- 2008 Outback Bowl
- 2008 Hawaii Bowl
- 2008 Chick-fil-A Bowl
- 2009 Hawaii Bowl
- 2009 Outback Bowl
- 2009 Rose Bowl
- 2009 Liberty Bowl
- (after the All-Star Break) 2009 NBA on ESPN Radio
- 2009 World Baseball Classic Semi-finals and Championship game
- 2009 Major League Baseball on ESPN Radio night games
- 2010 Major League Baseball on ESPN Radio night games
- "The Dan Patrick Show on the radio". Danpatrick.com.
- "Dallas Cowboys on Radio". DallasCowboys.com.
- "The Winning Edge, your leader in sports betting". WinningEdge.com.
- "Pro Football Weekly is your leader for all things in football". profootballweekly.com.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KMND
- Radio-Locator Information on KMND
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KMND