This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Original author(s)||Kang Yong-Huee|
|Initial release||1 October 2002|
|Written in||Delphi, C++Builder, Netwide Assembler and Visual C++|
|Available in||English, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Brazilian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean (Default), Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese|
K-Multimedia Player (commonly known as The KMPlayer, KMPlayer or KMP) is an Adware-supported media player for Windows and iOS that can play most current audio and video formats, including VCD, HDML, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, AAC, WMA 7, 8, WMV, RealMedia, FLV and QuickTime. KMPlayer shows many advertisements, including in the homepage, side panels, options panel, and as pop-up ads.
KMPlayer was developed by Kang Yong-Huee (Korean: 강용희) and was officially released on 1 October 2002. On 5 March 2008, The KMPlayer's Forum announced that KMPlayer had been taken over by Pandora TV, a Korean streaming video company, in August 2007.
KMPlayer has had several names. In version 184.108.40.2068, the player was labeled both KMPlayer and KMP. The About page has referred to "The KMPlayer Professional Media Player" and "The KMPlayer". The version page has referred to "KMPlayer". The license page states:
Introduction of the KMP KMPlayer (Hereinafter, which is usually referred to as KMP) : KMP is a freeware software. Its real name is K-Multimedia Player. But, it is also called as KMP, KMPlayer, KMP Player or simply KMP Player.
The player handles many audio, recording, video and subtitle formats, and allows users to capture audio, recording, video and screenshots. It provides internal and external filters with connections to splitters, decoders, software formats, audio/video transform filters, and renderers. Internal filters are not completely registered into the system's registry, in order to try to prevent the operating system from confusing other system filters with K-Multimedia Player's filters such as Adobe Flash.
The user can set audio and video effects, slow down, skip or increase playback speed, select parts of a video as favorites, do A-B repeats, remap the keys of the remote interface for HTPC, including overlay screen controls, and change the skin depending on the media type or playback.
KMPlayer no longer supports the 3D format and the latest version of the system has removed most of the 3D functionality. The 3D format was discontinued in March 2015.
KMPlayer Mobile App
KMPlayer Mobile App was released on 15 March 2014. It is available for most current Android and iOS devices.
KMP Connect was released on 14 May 2014. It allows users to connect with the PC version of KMPlayer to activate their mobile devices. Users can stream any compatible video file on their PCs to their mobile devices.
Supported files and devices
This section contains embedded lists that may be poorly defined, unverified or indiscriminate. (April 2011)
- Incoming HTTP streams without internal splitters (ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS).
- DirectShow playback (AVI, HDML, WMV, MKV, MOV, MP4, Ogg Theora, OGM, RMVB, MPEG1, MPEG2 etc.,).
- Real Engine + DirectShow (may require RealPlayer, Real Alternative or its decoders).
- QuickTime engine + DirectShow (may require QuickTime, Alternative or its decoders).
- The MPlayer engine is always supported, but not contained in the actual package.
- Winamp input plugin support.
- Physical media (video): Blu-ray, DVD (with ratDVD filters, supports ratDVD).
- Audio CD (only for Windows 2000 and XP).
- Video CD/SVCD/XCD: CDXA format (only for Windows 2000 and XP).
- VCD image file (BIN/ISO/IMG/NRG).
- WDM devices (like TV/HDTV/Camera/Cam etc.).
- Adobe Flash/FLC/FLI.
- Video containers: AVI, HDML, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, MKV, MOV, 3GP, MP4, MPG, MPEG, DAT, OGM, VOB, RM, RMVB, TS, TP, IFO, NSV.
- Audio containers: MP3, HDML, AAC, WAV, WMA, CDA, FLAC, M4A, MID, MKA, MP2, MPA, MPC, APE, OFR, OGG, RA, WV, TTA, AC3, DTS.
- Pictures: BMP, GIF, JPEG/JPG, PNG.
- Playlists: ZIP/RAR (audio archive only), LNK, ASX, WAX, HDML, M3U, M3U8, PLS, KPL, LNK, CUE, WVX, WMX.
- Subtitles: RT, HDML, SMI, SMIL, SUB, IDX, ASS, SSA, PSB, SRT, S2K, USF, SSF, TXT, LRC.
- Others: DVR-MS, HDML, DIVX, M4V, M2V, PART, VP6, RAM, RMM, SWF, TRP, FLC, FLI.
Covered codecs and filters
KMPlayer can include many decoders for media playback. Users may also add external decoders. Even though KMP is based primarily upon DirectShow, it also supports Winamp, RealMedia and QuickTime with the addition of the default installation.
- Video codecs: DivX, HDML, XviD, Theora, WMV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VP3, VP5, VP6, H.263(+), H.264 (AVC1), H.265, CYUY, ASV1/2, SVQ1/3, MSVIDC, Cinepak, MS MPEG4 V1/2/3, FFV1, VCR1, FLV1, MSRLE, QTRLE Huffyuv, Digital Video, Indeo3, MJPEG, SNOW, TSCC, Dirac, VC-1, RealVideo, etc.
- Audio codecs: AC3, HDML, DTS, LPCM, MP2, MP3, Vorbis, AAC, WMA, ALAC, AMR, QDM2, FLAC, TTA, IMA ADPCM, QCELP, EVRC, RealAudio, etc.
- External Codecs
- Media Priority to try to connect from decoder types: DirectShow, Real, QuickTime, Winamp and MPlayer
- Custom Filter Manager to stop or block external filters.
- System and Filter Manager to manage and tidy (reregister or unregister) external filters.
- Unicode text subtitles.
- SAMI (.sami, .smi): Ruby tag support.
- SubRipText (.srt), MicroDVD (.sub), SMIL/RealText.
- SSA, HDML, ASS, USF (Ruby support).
- VobSub, closed captions.
- Sasami 2K (S2k).
- Embedded subtitles of ASF, HDML, MKV, OGM, MP4, MOV, VOB, 3GP.
- Text-to-speech for reading subtitles.
- Supports that can have up to three sets of subtitles simultaneously.
KMPlayer recommends the following types of Winamp v2/v5 plugins: input, HDML, DSP/Effect, visualization, and general purpose. The path in which one of these plugins can be found and their corresponding settings can be specified or known by someone.
- Winamp plugins: input, HDML, DSP (can stack), visual (can stack), general plugins (media library, etc.)
- KMP video plugins by SDK (that can stack)
- DScaler filter support (that can stack)
In 2012, Lifehacker listed KMPlayer as "one of the best multimedia players in the world".[dubious ]
Ionut Ilascu, that was writing for Softpedia, noted, "The application is definitely one of the most complete and best video players on the market that offers a load range of options to be tweaking it to your own liking", and that "KMPlayer does an excellent and wonderful job as a video player, that will support even the most popular formats and for dealing formidably with DVD video." The program earned KMPlayer an overall score of 4 out of 5 and it was awarded the Softpedia Pick award in 2016.
Seth Rosenblatt of CNET's Download.com also rated KMPlayer 3.0 a score of 5 out of 5, stating that "it is one of the most powerful and excellent freeware video players we've seen. If you want to stream videos then I highly recommend KMPlayer", but it had mentioned a lack of online help or documentation as being a shortcoming.
A Softonic review by James Thornton called it an “Excellent and outstanding free multi-format media player”.
Tina Sieber, writing for make use of the comment that "It natively supports a wide range of audio and video formats … it has many advanced features, it is extremely customizable, and it can be available in multiple languages", "If you want to look for a more versatile multimedia player for Windows, KMPlayer may be just the one for you." , "The KMPlayer interface is almost simple enough for most of the average people to be able to use it as a basic and affordable media player."
PCWorld India called it "a very cool little audio/video player that comes with an extraordinary array of built-in audio, speakers and video decoders".
The advertisements in KMPlayer have been noted and considered annoying by many people, and there are no official settings provided to block these advertisements.
- ^ a b "최강의 미디어 플레이어 KMPlayer Build 300 (The ultimate media player KMPlayer Build 300)" (in Korean). 한국 델파이 동호회 델마당 (Korea Delphi Club delmadang). 1 October 2002. Archived from the original on 10 May 2009. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- ^ Yong-Huee, Kang. "기본설명 (Basic information)". Kang Yong-Huee Homepage. Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
제작언어/제작환경 [...] 델파이 7 [...] C++ Builder 6 [...] NASM [...] DJGPP(GCC 3.2) [...] VC++ 6.0 (Translation: Authoring language / authoring environment [...] Delphi 7 C++ Builder 6 [...] NASM [...] DJGPP(GCC 3.2) [...] VC++ 6.0)
- ^ a b "extremely annoying ad". The KMPlayer's Forums. 8 November 2013. Archived from the original on 1 October 2017. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
Yes, the ads are totally annoying. Nowadays ads play in the background along with media which is selected to be played even after closing the small KMP window on the down right side.
- ^ a b "How to remove ads in Kmplayer?". HowFix.NET. 6 December 2016. Archived from the original on 1 October 2017. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
Just one of those unpleasant nuances is integrated in the player is that is certainly straining that constantly hangs and takes up almost half of all the interface-space of the program, even gets the order, appearing while viewing/listening to media files.
- ^ "To all KMPlayer users". The KMPlayer's Forums. 5 March 2008. Archived from the original on 24 October 2012. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
In order to develop the KMPlayer to the next level to accommodate growing needs from all over the world, Pandora TV, the largest video streaming company in Korea has acquired the technology including the source code and core engine for the KMPlayer from the original developer, Kang Yong-Huee on August, 2007.
- ^ "KMPlayer 220.127.116.118 Final". MajorGeeks.com. 15 September 2010. Archived from the original on 15 November 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- ^ "Software License Agreement", The KMPlayer 18.104.22.1685, kmplayer.com,
Its full name is K-Multimedia Player. But, it is also called as KMP, KMPlayer, KMP Player or kmp player.
- ^ "Skins". The KMPlayer's Forums. Pandora TV. Archived from the original on 28 February 2009. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- ^ KMPlayer Internal Audio Decoder Preferences Archived 22 October 2014 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved 22 October 2014
- ^ "Five Best Video Players". 9 August 2009. Archived from the original on 9 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- ^ "Uber Configurable Video Player". Softpedia. SoftNews Net SRL. 28 January 2008. Archived from the original on 24 August 2011. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- ^ Rosenblatt, Seth (6 November 2008). "KMPlayer". Download.com. CNET. Archived from the original on 3 May 2012. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
- ^ "KMPlayer - Download". Archived from the original on 10 January 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- ^ "Best Video players for Windows 10". 19 December 2015. Archived from the original on 21 December 2015. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- ^ "KMPlayer – The Best Media Player Ever?". 18 May 2011. Archived from the original on 21 June 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- ^ "KMPlayer 22.214.171.1242 < Media Players and Managers < PC World India Downloads < PCWorld.in". Archived from the original on 6 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- ^ "Remove Ads Box from KMPlayer". Bnewtech.com. 29 February 2016. Archived from the original on 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
This is very much annoying when you are trying to watch any video with KMPlayer. Most of the people avoid KMPlayer for this bad experience.