|Broadcast area||Lafayette metropolitan area|
|Slogan||"#1 for Real Hip-Hop and R&B"|
|Power||250 watts (Daytime)|
(Radio License Holding CBC, LLC)
|Sister stations||KNEK-FM, KRRQ, KSMB, KXKC|
KNEK broadcasts at 1190 AM and is under ownership of Cumulus Media. It was a sister station of KNEK-FM until it was sold to The Last Bastion Station Trust, LLC upon merger of Citadel Broadcasting and ABC Radio. After Citadel swapped KRDJ with KNEK-FM, they are now sister stations again. Citadel merged with Cumulus Media on September 16, 2011. KNEK Simulcasts sister station KRRQ, which broadcasts on the frequency of 95.5 FM.
KNEK started as a country and western station owned by Dee Sylvester and had a popular radio personality named Cholly Charles in the mid-1980s. The station aired from 6 am to sunset playing country music and broadcasting local news and sports along with agricultural updates for the farmers of St. Landry Parish.
- "Cumulus now owns Citadel Broadcasting". Atlanta Business Journal. September 16, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KNEK
- Radio-Locator Information on KNEK
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KNEK
- Darnell's Black Radio Guide - Louisiana Stations
|This article about a radio station in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|