|Channels||Analog: 6 (VHF)
Digital: CP:15 (UHF)
|Founded||October 17, 2002|
|First air date||October 2005|
|Last air date||April 27, 2012|
|Call letters' meaning||NavaJO County|
|Former callsigns||K06NL (CP only)|
|Former affiliations||America One|
|Transmitter power||0.475 kW|
KNJO-LP was a fully automated low-power television station serving Holbrook, Arizona, as an America One affiliate. It provided over-the-air service in analog on VHF channel 6 from its transmitter about 5 miles (8 km) south-southwest of downtown Holbrook and had a construction permit to build a digital television station on UHF channel 15. KNJO-LP was owned by KM Communications of Skokie, Illinois.
An original construction permit for a low-power television station on channel 6 was granted to KM Communications on October 17, 2002. The original callsign was K06NL, but KM Communications soon changed it to KNJO-LP for Navajo County, of which Holbrook is the county seat. The station was licensed on October 28, 2005 as Holbrook's second local over-the-air television station.
KNJO went off the air on April 27, 2012 due to vandalism that damaged its equipment, and economic factors that prevented repairs; it never returned to the air, and the license was canceled on June 19, 2013.
In June 2006, the FCC opened a window for low-power television stations to file short-form applications for digital companion channels for the DTV transition. km Communications applied for UHF channel 15 for KNJO-LD on June 30, 2006 and on January 12, 2007, the FCC granted a construction permit to build the station, to expire in three years.
- "Original construction permit application summary". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved 2007-03-25.
- "Callsign history". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved March 25, 2007.
- "License application summary". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved March 25, 2007.
- Bae, Kevin (May 8, 2012). "Notification of Suspension of Operations / Request for Silent STA". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- Hashemzadeh, Hossein (June 19, 2013). "Re: KNJO-LP, Holbrook, AZ" (PDF). CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commissions. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "LPDTV short form application summary". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved March 25, 2007.
- "LPDTV construction permit summary". Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved March 25, 2007.