|Broadcast area||Redding, California|
|Branding||Fox Sports Radio 1400|
|Translator(s)||103.9 K280GP (Bridgeport)|
|First air date||1954 (as KSDA)|
|Former callsigns||KQMS (1954-2016)|
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio, Oakland Athletics, Sacramento Kings|
(Mapleton License of Redding, LLC)
|Sister stations||KQMS, KWLZ, KSHA, KRDG|
KNRO (1400 AM) is a radio station that carries a sports format. Licensed to Redding, California, United States, the station serves the Redding and Red Bluff areas. The station is owned by Mapleton License of Redding, LLC and features programming from Fox Sports Radio.
The station was assigned the call letters KAZT on September 9, 1998, and hit the air at frequency 600 AM. On January 22, 2001, the station changed its call sign to the current KNRO. During much of its life as KNRO the station was primarily a sports format. During that time, the frequency was moved from 600 to 1670 AM. From 2001 to 2010, the station was primarily an ESPN Radio affiliate before changing to Fox Sports Radio.
Today, KNRO simulcasts all of its programming on translator station K280GP 103.9 FM in Bridgeport, California.
Past program directors
- George Tharalson (2001–2004) – host of The Cheap Seats, also news director of KQMS
- "KNRO Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KNRO Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Translator Launches Lead to Redding AM Frequency Swap Radioinsight - August 23, 2016
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KNRO
- Radio-Locator Information on KNRO
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KNRO
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K280GP
- Radio-Locator information on K280GP
- FCC History Cards for KNRO
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|