|City||Pacific Grove, California|
|Broadcast area||Monterey/Salinas/Santa Cruz, California|
|Slogan||The Central Coast's Greatest Throwbacks|
|First air date||1978|
|Format||Rhythmic Adult Contemporary|
|Callsign meaning||Reference to Pacific OCeaN|
|Former frequencies||104.9 MHz|
|Owner||iHeartMedia, Inc. |
(CC Licenses, LLC)
|Sister stations||KDON-FM, KION, KPRC-FM, KTOM-FM|
KOCN (105.1 FM) is a Rhythmic AC station licensed to Salinas, California. It has been owned by iHeartMedia, Inc. (formerly Clear Channel Media and Entertainment) since 1997. Its studios are in Salinas, and the transmitter is just east of Monterey.
The station was first licensed April 28, 1978. In August 1995 K-Ocean 105 moved from 104.9 MHz to 105.1 MHz, shortly after its radio format moved from Westwood One soft adult contemporary to Westwood One oldies. Its current format is described in its slogan as "The Central Coast's Greatest Throwbacks".
- History Cards for KOCN, fcc.gov. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- Full Biography for Roger P. Pasquier Candidate for Mayor; City of Pacific Grove
- "Vox Jox". Billboard. 107 (30): 114. July 29, 1995.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KOCN
- Radio-Locator information on KOCN
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KOCN