|City of license||Cedar Falls, Iowa|
|Broadcast area||Waterloo-Cedar Falls|
|Slogan||Continuous Country Favorites|
|First air date||January 7, 1994 (as KKCV)|
|Callsign meaning||K OELwein|
|Former callsigns||KKCV (1994-2003)|
|Owner||The Cedar Rapids Divestiture Trust, Allen N. Blum, Trustee
(divestiture trust for Townsquare Media)
|Sister stations||KCRR, KKHQ|
KOEL-FM (branded as K98.5) is a radio station serving Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and surrounding cities with a modern country format. This station broadcasts on FM frequency 98.5 MHz and is under ownership of a divestiture trust for Townsquare Media. KOEL used to be broadcast on the FM frequency of 92.3 while 98.5 was then known as KKCV "The Hog". The change came on the heels of a Cumulus Media reshuffling of station/format resources.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus stations, including KOEL-FM, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013; KOEL-FM is one of three stations (along with KCRR and KKHQ-FM) that have been placed in a divestiture trust for eventual resale within two years.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- K98.5 - Official Site
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KOEL
- Radio-Locator information on KOEL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KOEL