|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Broadcast area||Waterloo-Cedar Falls area|
|Branding||AM 950 KOEL|
|Slogan||"News - AG - Sports and Country Legends"|
|Power||5,000 watts (day)
500 watts (night)
(Townsquare Media Waterloo License, LLC)
KOEL (950 AM) is US a radio station serving Waterloo, Cedar Falls and surrounding cities with a news/talk format. The station broadcasts on AM frequency 950 kHz and is under the ownership of Townsquare Media. Despite different owners and affiliations, KOEL and KWWL maintain a strong partnership.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including KOEL, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
On weekdays, KOEL-AM broadcasts news/talk programming as well as local agriculture business, sports reports, community calendar, lunch specials and stock market reports, with ABC News broadcast on the hour, along with Oelwein Huskies play by play.
At weekends, KOEL has brief news breaks from ABC News with home improvement tips, field and stream radio, and classic country music (when not in special programming mode).
- Liz Brown - program director/farm director
- Roger King - news director
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- AM 950 KOEL - Official Site
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KOEL
- Radio-Locator Information on KOEL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KOEL