|City||Mobridge, South Dakota|
|First air date||1956|
|Power||5000 watts (day)
111 watts (night)
|Owner||Ingstad Family Media
(James River Broadcasting)
|Sister stations||KGFX, KGFX-FM, KJBI, KMLO, KOLY-FM, KPLO-FM|
KOLY (1300 AM) is a radio station licensed to serve Mobridge, South Dakota. The station is owned by James River Broadcasting. It airs a full-service soft adult contemporary music format with extensive news, agricultural reports, sports, and Paul Harvey talk programming.
All three Mobridge James River Broadcasting stations share studios at 118 3rd St. East, in Mobridge. The KOLY AM and FM transmitters and the 581 foot tower are east of town, on Highway 12.
In 2006, sports director Pat Morrison celebrated 50 years on the air at KOLY-AM/FM as the voice of Mobridge High School.
- Bahr, Jeff (2006-03-05). "Sportscaster has heart of Tiger: Energetic Pat Morrison has been voice of Mobridge High School for years". Aberdeen American News.
- "Winter 2008 Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- KOLY official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KOLY
- Radio-Locator Information on KOLY
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KOLY
|This article about a radio station in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|