|Broadcast area||Portland, Oregon|
|Branding||Наше Радио USA|
|Slogan||"Настройтесь на лучшее радио"|
|Owner||Bustos Media |
(Bustos Media Holdings, LLC)
|KQRR, KRYN, KGDD, KZZR|
Former call signs
|KRKX (1983-1988, CP)|
|Power||4,500 watts (day)|
1,100 watts (critical hours)
KOOR (1010 AM) is an American radio station licensed to serve the community Milwaukie, Oregon, United States. The station is currently owned by Bustos Media and the broadcast license is held by Bustos Media Holdings, LLC.
As of 20 August 2010[update], current KOOR programming includes Russian Community talk radio branded as "Russian Radio 7" serving the greater Portland, Oregon, area. The station previously broadcast Spanish-language talk radio format branded as "W Radio 1010 AM".
From November 2016 the brand "Russian Radio 7" was replaced by a new brand "Наше Радио USA".
The station was assigned the call sign "KRKX" on August 22, 1983. On February 28, 1988, the station changed its call sign to "KZRC". While having this callsign, it was affiliated with the radio network Z Rock, which played hard rock and heavy metal. It would remain affiliated with Z Rock until 1994. On August 13, 1999, it changed again to "KGUY", and on March 15, 2004, to KZNY. On May 16, 2006, the calls became "KSZN" and on January 18, 2007, to "KMUZ". On February 1, 2008, the calls became the current "KOOR".
In June 2010, owner Bustos Media (through its license-holding subsidiary Bustos Media of Oregon License, LLC) reached an agreement to transfer KOOR and several sister stations to Adelante Media subsidiary Adelante Media of Oregon License, LLC. The FCC approved the deal on September 3, 2010, and the transaction was consummated on September 24, 2010.
In June 2011, Adelante Media sold KOOR and three Portland, Oregon, area sister stations back to Bustos Media (through its license-holding subsidiary Bustos Media Holdings, LLC) for a combined sale price of $1,260,000. The FCC approved the transfer on August 16, 2011, and the deal was formally consummated on September 30, 2011.
- "KOOR Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- "KOOR Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- "Slavic Christian Radio 7 Grand Opening by Serge Taran". Slavic Voice of America. August 8, 2010. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- "Первое христианское общественное радио в США". Slavic Voice of America. August 11, 2010. Archived from the original on March 23, 2012. Retrieved May 9, 2011.
- "Bustos Media/Oregon debuts "W Radio 1010 AM"". Radio Business Report. February 5, 2010. Retrieved February 28, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Application Search Details (BTC-20100630ASI)". FCC Media Bureau. September 24, 2010. Retrieved May 8, 2011.
- "Application Search Details (BAL-20110608ACF)". FCC Media Bureau. September 30, 2011. Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- KOOR official website (in Russian)
- Bustos Media, LLC
- KOOR in the FCC's AM station database
- KOOR on Radio-Locator
- KOOR in Nielsen Audio's AM station database
|This article about a radio station in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|