KORE Wireless Group logo
|Founded||May 1, 2003|
|Headquarters||Alpharetta, Georgia, United States|
|Terence Jarman (Chairman)
Richard Burston (Vice Chairman)
|Products||PRiSMPro; Position Logic|
|Services||IoT and M2M Connectivity Solutions; Location-Based Services (LBS); GPS Tracking Solutions|
Number of employees
KORE Wireless Pty
KORE Wireless Canada
KORE Wireless TM Data
The company specializes in Machine to machine (M2M) and Internet of things (IoT) solutions and technology. KORE maintains an installed base serving multiple vertical markets, including automotive, healthcare, energy and utilities, insurance, transportation, and retail. KORE's major areas of focus for value-added IT services are technology consulting, device engineering and certification, and M2M application integration.
Wireless Matrix Corp selected KORE to provide the platform for fleet management across North America.
In 2010 Geotab selected KORE to enable it to expand its European fleet management products. KORE signed an agreement with both Vodafone and Iridium Communications to expand its MVNO M2M service to more than 180 countries in March 2011.
After launching M2M consulting company KORE Systems, the company then acquired all assets of nPhase from Verizon Wireless.
In May 2013, KORE became a founding member of the International M2M Council, with KORE's then COO Alex Brisbourne joining the Council's Board of Governors. In November 2013, Inmarsat appointed KORE as its M2M distribution partner,
In March 2016, KORE announced that they would purchase Wyless Group Holdings. This also included TM Data in Brazil. Kore maintains an installed base across all five geographies. The company is able to support Mobile Network Carriers of any size for global M2M initiatives. The acquisition of Wyless Group strengthens KORE's position in North America, Latin America and Europe.
KORE's original growth and still core market is associated with asset or fleet management, such as tracking delivery drivers and high value equipment. The company expanded from its North American base by following these categories to expand internationally, to enable customers to overcome carrier and frequency differences.
The current growth sectors are in medical devices and mobile payments.
Awards and recognition
- 2007: Network World "Top Nine Wireless Companies to Watch";
- 2008: Red Herring "100 North America".
- "Board of Directors". KORE Telematics. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "KORE Telematics, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Rogers Wireless acquires Microcell Telecommunications for $1.5 billion | Deals & Cases | Fasken Martineau". Fasken.com. 2004-11-08. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "M2M Evolution". M2M Evolution. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Geotab selects Kore Telematics' network for M2M". Telecompaper. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- Jeffrey Hill (March 23, 2011). "Kore Telematics Launches Iridium, Vodafone-Supported M2M Wireless Service". Satellite Today. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Tue, 05/21/2013 - 10:20am (2013-05-21). "New Association Promotes Business Case for M2M". Wirelessweek.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Inmarsat + KORE—Telematics Tie-In (M2M)". Satnews Daily. November 13, 2013. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Wed, 03/05/2014 (2014-03-05). "Wireless Week". Wireless Week. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- Monday, 03/10/2014 (2014-03-10). "Fierce Enterprise Communication". Fierce Enterprise Communication. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "KORE WIRELESS GROUP'S ACQUISITION OF RACOWIRELESS IS A SIGN THAT M2M MVNOS WILL CONTINUE TO CONSOLIDATE". Analysys Mason. 2014-11-18. Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- Boston, MSLGROUP. "KORE Wireless Group Completes Acquisition of Wyless Group Holdings". Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- Stacey Higginbotham (September 19, 2012). "For Kore Telematics money and medicine are key to M2M growth". gigaom.com. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Anamika Singh (October 7, 2009). "SkyBitz Partners with KORE Telematics for Cellular-Based GPS Tracking Options". M2M Evolution. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "Nine wireless network companies to watch". Networkworld.com. 2007-09-06. Retrieved 2013-10-10.
- "Red Herring 100 North America". Herringresearch.com. Retrieved 2013-10-10.