|City||Deer Park, Washington|
|Broadcast area||Coeur D'Alene, Idaho|
|Slogan||"Progressive Radio for the inland Northwest"|
|First air date||November 19, 1979|
|Owner||Blue Sky Broadcasting, Inc.|
|Sister stations||KSPT, KIBR, KBFI|
KPND, which bills itself as "Progressive Radio for the Inland Northwest", is an Adult Album Alternative outlet licensed to Deer Park, Washington. Previously licensed to serve Sandpoint, Idaho, the station, which broadcasts at 95.3 MHz on the FM dial, increased its effective radiated power in 2008 to 56,000 watts. Coverage now extends as far as Ritzville, WA some 90 miles (140 km) away. The new pattern's downside is that it has significant dead spots due to the terrain of North Idaho that the old signal covered. In Spokane, the signal is mostly listenable with the strongest points being the Northside and the South Hill. Spokane Valley's lower elevation results in significant signal chopping.
KPND now serves Bonners Ferry and southern Boundary Country, ID by K296BJ-FM 107.1 MHz with an ERP of 34 watts. Rumors report KPND is exploring booster/translator options for Spokane proper. In April 2011, KPND begun retransmission of its signal on 106.7 KTPO. The move alleviates signal issues within Bonner County of KPND due to the rugged terrain.
KPND shares studios and offices with its sister stations at 327 Marion Avenue in Sandpoint.
- KPND Facebook page
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KPND
- Radio-Locator information on KPND
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KPND
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KTPO
- Radio-Locator information on KTPO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KTPO
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K296BJ
- Radio-Locator information on K296BJ