This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Repeater(s)||95.3 WXXZ (Grand Marais)
106.3 WMFG-FM (Hibbing)
106.7 KAOD (Babbitt)
|First air date||August 1, 1981|
|Callsign meaning||K Quality Duluth-Superior
(modeled after KQRS-FM in Minneapolis)
|Owner||Red River Broadcasting
(Red Rock Radio)
|Sister stations||KQDS, KQDS-TV, WWAX, KZIO|
KQDS-FM (94.9 FM, "95 KQDS") is a classic rock music formatted radio station located in Duluth, Minnesota. It is owned by Red River Broadcasting, and follows a format similar to that of the well-known KQRS-FM in the Twin Cities.
KQDS-FM is simulcast on WXXZ FM 95.3 Grand Marais, WMFG-FM 106.3 Hibbing and KAOD FM 106.7 Babbitt. All stations are owned by Midwest Communications. KQ 95's main competitor is Townsquare Media's Sasquatch 106.5 in Duluth.
KQDS-FM is probably best known for "The KQ Morning Show" which for the last decade has been rated first among adults 25-54 and Men 25-54. The show's longtime host, Bill Jones left the station, the broadcast industry and the city of Duluth December 15, 2009. Jones' Co-host, Jason Manning has returned to KQ with a "revamped" morning show with new co-host Frank Befera. In 2011, Befera was let go and the Morning Show switched to its current line-up of Jason Manning and longtime afternoon DJ Scott Savage.
KQDS-FM originated in 1981 as a progressive rock station. The original on-air staff included Stu Taran, Big G Walters, Annie Steamer, Dan Culhane, Jonathon Hanley, Tony Jasmin, Bruce MacGregor, Marty Essen, and Lisa Barr. The General manager was Mark Alan.
- KQDS FM History Timeline. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- 95 KQDS
- Last 10 Songs on KQDS
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KQDS
- Radio-Locator information on KQDS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KQDS
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KAOD
- Radio-Locator information on KAOD
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KAOD
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WMFG
- Radio-Locator information on WMFG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WMFG
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WXXZ
- Radio-Locator information on WXXZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WXXZ
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|