|Broadcast area||Amarillo area|
|Branding||La Poderosa 96.1 & 104.3|
|First air date||March 1975 (as KDKQ)|
|Format||Regional Mexican (KBEX simulcast)|
|Former callsigns||KDKQ (1979-1984)|
|Owner||Viva Media, LLC|
On April 15, 2017, with the announced sale of KQFX from Tejas Broadcasting to Viva Media, the station's Le Calente format moved to KZIP, and the station began stunting with a series of random formats. On May 1, 2017, the station flipped to a rhythmic-leaning hot adult contemporary format as Wild 104.3, with a focus on current music and recurrent "party hits" from the 1990s and 2000's. Tommy the Hacker moved from KXSS-FM to host the station's new morning show.
On July 31, 2018, KQFX flipped back to a regional Mexican format as Le Ponderosa 96.1 & 104.3, in simulcast with KBEX. The flip, however, occurred during a live remote by Tommy the Hacker and morning co-host Angel Dee, promoting a sock donation drive at a local Salvation Army branch. The hosts were caught off-guard by the flip, which they were informed of via text messages.
- "KQFX Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KQFX Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Tejas Broadcasting Sells Two In Amarillo". RadioInsight. 2017-04-17. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Wild 104.3 Launches A Party In Amarillo". RadioInsight. 2017-05-01. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "Viva Media Flips Wild 104.3 Amarillo In Middle Of Charity Remote". RadioInsight. 2018-07-31. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- La Poderosa Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KQFX
- Radio-Locator information on KQFX
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KQFX
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|