|City of license||Sturgis, South Dakota|
|Broadcast area||Rapid City, South Dakota|
|Slogan||Today's Hottest Music|
|Translator(s)||94.7 K234BR (Rapid City)
97.5 K248BT (Rapid City)
98.3 K252DN (Spearfish)
103.9 K280AJ (Hill City)
|First air date||1990|
|Format||Top 40 (CHR)|
(sale to HomeSlice Media Group pending)
(Rushmore Media Company, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KKMK, KOUT, KFXS, KOTA-TV|
KRCS (93.1 FM, "Hot 93.1") is a radio station that airs a Top 40 (CHR) format in the Rapid City and the Black Hills area. The station is owned by Schurz Communications (via its Rushmore Media Company subsidiary) and is licensed to Sturgis, South Dakota.
In May 1999, Triad Broadcasting reached a deal to acquire this station from Brothers Jim and Tom Instad as part of a twelve-station deal valued at a reported $37.8 million.
In July 2006, Schurz Communications Inc. reached an agreement to buy this station from Triad Broadcasting Co. as part of a six-station deal valued at a reported $19 million. Schurz Communications created the Black Hills broadcast division, New Rushmore Radio, now known as Rushmore Media Company.
Schurz Communications announced on September 14, 2015 that it would exit broadcasting and sell its television and radio stations, including KRCS, to Gray Television for $442.5 million. Though Gray initially intended to keep Schurz' radio stations, on November 2, it announced that HomeSlice Media Group would acquire KRCS and the other Rushmore Media Company radio stations for $2.2 million; the deal reunites the stations with KBHB and KKLS, which HomeSlice acquired from Schurz in 2014 following its purchase of KOTA-TV.
- Holmes, Alisa (1999-05-24). "Changing Hands". Broadcasting & Cable.
- "Deals". Broadcasting & Cable. 2006-07-24.
- "Schurz Communications to sell WSBT and other TV, radio stations". South Bend Tribune. September 14, 2015. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- Kuperberg, Jonathan (September 14, 2015). "Gray Acquiring TV, Radio Stations from Schurz for $442.5 Million". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- "Gray Sells Radio Stations From Schurz Deal". TVNewsCheck. November 2, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- Venta, Lance (November 2, 2015). "Gray Television Divests Schurz Clusters To Three Buyers". RadioInsight. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- "HomeSlice Group purchases four Rapid City radio stations". Meade County Times-Tribune. November 2, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- "HomeSlice Media Group purchases four Rapid City radio stations". Rapid City Journal. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- Hot 93.1 KRCS official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KRCS
- Radio-Locator information on KRCS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KRCS
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K234BR
- Radio-Locator information on K234BR
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K248BT
- Radio-Locator information on K248BT
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K252DN
- Radio-Locator information on K252DN
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K280AJ
- Radio-Locator information on K280AJ
|This article about a radio station in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|