|Broadcast area||Bakersfield, California|
|Branding||97.3 The Bull|
|Slogan||New Country NOW|
|First air date||September 30, 2011|
|HAAT||171 meters (561 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||BaKeRsfield's JacK FM (old format)|
|Owner||Buck Owens Broadcasting
(Buck Owens Production Company, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KCWR, KUZZ, KUZZ-FM|
KRJK (97.3 FM, "97.3 The Bull") is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Lamont, California. The station is owned by Buck Owens Broadcasting (which is controlled by the estate of the late Buck Owens) and the broadcast license is held by Buck Owens Production Company, Inc.
In October 2009, Owens One Company, Inc., applied to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a construction permit for a new broadcast radio station. The FCC granted this permit on May 5, 2010, with a scheduled expiration date of May 5, 2013. The new station was assigned call sign "KRJK" on September 20, 2011. The station began broadcast operations at 3 p.m. on September 29, 2011, carrying the small-market broadcast of Jack FM. It received its broadcast license on October 25, 2011.
On October 14, 2016 at Noon, KRJK flipped to country as "97.3 The Bull". The new format joins KUZZ/KUZZ-FM and KCWR in the Owens cluster, and gives the company a monopoly on country music in the market, more than likely preventing a competitor from coming in to replace KVMX, which had flipped to Spanish ranchera music that July. KRJK will add the syndicated Bobby Bones Show for mornings starting Monday, October 17. Bones had also been carried by KVMX prior to its format change. KUZZ weekender Toni Marie will host middays, while KUZZ PD Brent Michaels adds those duties for the Bull as well.
- "Application Search Details (BNPH-20091016ACY)". FCC Media Bureau. May 5, 2010. Retrieved October 1, 2011.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved October 1, 2011.
- Edelhart, Courtenay (October 3, 2011). "Bakersfield gets new rock radio station". Bakersfield Californian. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-20111004AAT)". FCC Media Bureau. October 25, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- New Country Bull Debuts in Bakersfield Radioinsight - October 14, 2016