|Broadcast area||Bakersfield, California|
|Branding||97.3 Jack FM|
|Slogan||"Playing what we want!"|
|First air date||September 30, 2011|
|HAAT||171 meters (561 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||BaKeRsfield's JacK FM|
|Owner||Buck Owens Broadcasting
(Buck Owens Production Company, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KCWR, KUZZ, KUZZ-FM|
KRJK (97.3 FM, "97.3 Jack FM") is an American radio station licensed to serve the community of Lamont, California. The station is owned by Buck Owens Broadcasting (which is controlled by the estate of the late Buck Owens) and the broadcast license is held by Buck Owens Production Company, Inc.
In October 2009, Owens One Company, Inc., applied to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a construction permit for a new broadcast radio station. The FCC granted this permit on May 5, 2010, with a scheduled expiration date of May 5, 2013. The new station was assigned call sign "KRJK" on September 20, 2011. The station began broadcast operations at 3 p.m. on September 29, 2011. It received its broadcast license on October 25, 2011.
- Venta, Lance (September 23, 2011). "Jack Coming To Bakersfield". Radio Insight. Retrieved October 1, 2011.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved October 1, 2011.
- Edelhart, Courtenay (October 3, 2011). "Bakersfield gets new rock radio station". Bakersfield Californian. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- "Application Search Details (BNPH-20091016ACY)". FCC Media Bureau. May 5, 2010. Retrieved October 1, 2011.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. FCC Media Bureau. Retrieved October 1, 2011.
- "Application Search Details (BLH-20111004AAT)". FCC Media Bureau. October 25, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- KRJK official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KRJK
- Radio-Locator information on KRJK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KRJK