||This article possibly contains original research. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Broadcast area||Rochester-Austin-Mason City|
|Branding||KROC FM 106.9|
|Slogan||Today's Best Music|
|Format||Top 40 (CHR)|
|HAAT||338 meters (1109 feet)|
(Townsquare Media Rochester License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KFIL-FM/AM, KDCZ, KDZZ, KOLM, KWWK, KROC AM, KYBA|
KROC-FM (106.9 FM) is a radio station serving Rochester, Minnesota. The station's transmitter is located near the Minnesota-Iowa border and has difficulty reaching some of the lower-lying areas of Rochester, which is in a valley. To fill in the gaps, KROC has an additional translator, K292EM 106.3, in the city. The station is owned by Townsquare Media. It airs a Top 40 (CHR) music format. The station features the on-air talents of Dunken & Samm in the morning, Megan Kennedy from 10-2p, Scotty Matthews from 2-7pm, and Lisa Paige from 7p-midnight.
The station was owned by the Southern Minnesota Broadcasting Company, along with other properties in the area, but they were sold to Cumulus Media in December 2003. KROC-FM went on-the-air at 106.9 MHz in 1965, with easy listening and classical music. The format was dropped in 1967 which resulted in a longtime simulcast with KROC-AM until the mid-1970s. An automated MOR format called "The Great Entertainers," was KROC-FM's next format, separating from KROC, before it went to a rock format. In the 1950s, the owners launched a television station (KROC-TV), though that is now operated separately by Quincy Newspapers as KTTC channel 10.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus stations, including KROC-FM, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
|City of license||ERP
|K292EM||106.3 FM||Rochester, Minnesota||216||D||FCC|
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "KROCFacility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- KROC FM 106.9 official website
- KROC AM 1340 official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KROC
- Radio-Locator information on KROC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KROC
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|