KROK International Animated Films Festival
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
The KROK International Animated Films Festival is an annual international animation film festival, and one of the main animation festivals in the territory of the former Soviet Union. It is held in Russia on even years and in Ukraine on odd years. The festival takes place over the course of 12 days between September and October on the cruise ship Taras Shevchenko. When in Russia, it cruises along the Volga, and when in Ukraine it cruises along the Dnieper and the Black Sea.
In 1991, with the dissolution of the Soviet Union, it was decided to make the festival international and it was held on a cruise ship for the first time.
As well as the competitive categories, the festival also features other animation screenings, events, and lectures. It is often attended by the top animators and directors of animation of the region.
- Animation Festival “KROK” Kicks Off in Saint Petersburg
- KROK International Animated Films Festival, Kiev.com
- ШЕРВУД, Ольга. «КРОК». Иногда он возвращается. Санкт-Петербургские Ведомости. 2008-09-24.
- Review: 18th KROK International Festival of Animation. Animation World Network. 2011-12-06.
- Official website
- First official website with information about the 4th festival (1997)
- Impressions of the 2006 festival
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|