|Broadcast area||Sulphur Springs, Texas|
|Branding||Young Country 107.1|
|First air date||November 20, 1969 (as 95.3 KMMK McKinney, Texas)|
|Former callsigns||KMMK (1969-1985)|
|Owner||Chad and Rhonda Young |
(Racy Properties, LLC)
KRVA-FM (107.1 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a country music format. Licensed to Campbell, Texas, United States, the station serves the areas of Sulphur Springs, Texas and Greenville, Texas. The station is owned by Chad and Rhonda Young, through licensee Racy Properties, LLC.
As KWPL, the station changed frequencies from 106.9 to 107.1 on 1985-10-21. On 1988-08-01, the station changed its call sign to KSSA-FM. On 1993-01-01 to the current KRVA. On 1997-11-14 to KZDF. On 1999-08-06 to the current KRVA.
In March 2017, then-owner The Way Radio Group's president Craig Morgan, who was also host of the station's Moose in the Morning, was arrested for felony 3 theft and False statements to obtain property or credit, for using money earmarked for station expenses for other purposes. At this time, the morning show was immediately discontinued, and the company stated that it would be switching KRVA to a different format.
On April 10, 2017, KRVA-FM flipped to variety hits, branded as "107.1 Celebrate FM".
Effective May 25, 2017, KRVA-FM's license was transferred from The Way Radio Group LLC to Promise Radio Group LLC. Promise is a new company formed by some of the shareholders of The Way Radio Group.
On December 1, 2017 KRVA-FM changed their format from variety hits to country, branded as "Young Country 107.1".
Racy Properties, LLC, purchased the station from The Way Radio Group on June 27, 2018. Racy Properties, LLC is headed by Chad Young, and also owns AM radio station KSST in Sulphur Springs.
- "KRVA-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KRVA Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Radio Group Reorganizing as Day-to-Day Financial Discrepancies Led to Morgan Arrest". KSST. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Former Radio Manager/Talent Arrested Monday". KSST. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "KRVA Celebrates Its New Format". Radio Insight. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Young Country Comes to Northeast Texas Radioinsight - December 3, 2017
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KRVA
- Radio-Locator information on KRVA
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KRVA
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|