|Broadcast area||Boise metropolitan area|
|Branding||94.9 The River|
|Frequency||94.9 MHz (HD Radio)|
|First air date||January 10, 1975 (as KFXD-FM)|
|Format||FM/HD1: Adult Album Alternative (AAA)|
HD2: Active rock (KQXR simulcast)
|Callsign meaning||K RiVer Boise|
|Former callsigns||KFXD-FM (1975-1998)|
|Owner||Lotus Communications |
(Lotus Boise Corp.)
|Sister stations||KJOT, KQXR, KTHI|
KRVB is a commercial radio station located in Boise, Idaho, broadcasting to the Boise, Idaho area on 94.9 FM. KRVB airs an adult album alternative music format branded as "The River" (a reference to Boise and nearby Snake Rivers).
94.9 was launched as KFXD-FM in 1975. It was housed as a top 40 station branded as "KF95" until 2000. KF95 became adult alternative in the 1990s focusing on a more diverse mix than all the other Boise stations. The music difference on KF95 was the slogan for their final years. The station rebranded as "The River" and moved to a more familiar mix of music.
Journal Communications and the E. W. Scripps Company announced on July 30, 2014 that the two companies would merge to create a new broadcast company under the E. W. Scripps Company name that will own the two companies' broadcast properties, including KRVB. The transaction is slated to be completed in 2015, pending shareholder and regulatory approvals.
In January 2018, Scripps announced that it would sell all of its radio stations. In August 2018, Lotus Communications announced that it would acquire Scripps' Boise & Tucson clusters for $8 million. The sale was completed on December 12.
- "E.W. Scripps, Journal Merging Broadcast Ops". TVNewsCheck. July 30, 2014. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "Scripps To Sell Its Radio Stations". All Access. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
- "Lotus Grabs Scripps' Stations In Two Markets". Radio & Television Business Report. 2018-08-07. Retrieved 2018-11-12.
- "Scripps Completes Sales Of Radio Stations". TV News Check. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KRVB
- Radio-Locator information on KRVB
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KRVB
|This article about a radio station in Idaho is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|