|Broadcast area||Waco, Texas|
|Branding||1660 ESPN Radio|
|Translator(s)||99.1 K256BW (Waco)|
|First air date||January 9, 1998 (as KAXY)|
|Audience share||2.1, #11 (Fa'05, R&R)|
|Power||10,000 watts (day)
1,000 watts (night)
|Former callsigns||KAXY (1998–1999)
|Affiliations||ESPN Radio, Westwood One|
(M&M Broadcasters, Ltd.)
|Sister stations||KLRK, KRQX, KWBT|
KRZI (1660 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a sports format. Licensed to Waco, Texas, USA, the station serves the Waco area. The station was formerly owned by Simmons Media Group which sold its entire Waco station cluster to M&M Broadcasters. KRZI features programming from ESPN Radio and Westwood One.
KRZI and its sister stations were formerly owned by a company named Simmons Media (now Red Rock Broadcasting). The transition was officially made in the summer of 2004. While the station airs local programming, roughly 75 percent is ESPN content. The stations have the broadcast rights for the NFL, the Texas Rangers, The Baylor Bears and NCAA Basketball and Football. Simmons, based in Salt Lake City, Utah, owns and operates Simmons Radio in Utah, Western Broadcasting, Simmons Lone Star Media, Simmons Outdoor Media, Simmons Ventures and the most prominent travel-related company in the Western United States, Morris Murdock Travel.
- "Waco Market Ratings". Radio and Records.
- "KRZI Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "M & M Broadcasters to buy Simmons Media's 4-station Waco, Texas group for nearly $2 million". Radio-Info.com. September 21, 2009.
- "KRZI Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KRZI
- Radio-Locator Information on KRZI
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KRZI
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K256BW
- Radio-Locator information on K256BW
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|