|City of license||Sioux City, Iowa|
|Branding||Talk Radio 1360|
|Slogan||The Voice of Sioux City|
|Translator(s)||94.9 K235CA (Sioux City)|
|First air date||1927|
|Power||5,000 watts (unlimited)|
|Callsign meaning||K- Sioux City Journal
(KSUX/KSCJ Radio Broadcasting Co.)
|Sister stations||KSUX, KLEM, KKYY, KZSR, KKMA|
KSCJ (1360 AM, "Talk Radio 1360") is a radio station licensed to serve Sioux City, Iowa. The station is owned by Powell Broadcasting and licensed to KSUX/KSCJ Radio Broadcasting Co. It airs a News/Talk radio format.
KSCJ started as a local "news, sports and weather" station in Iowa back in 1927. KSCJ was the broadcasting unit for of the Sioux City Journal. In 2006, They extended their contract with the Sioux City Explorers in order the continue broadcasting their games. In 2013, they had two special guests from KTIV News on their show, Matt Breen and Kristie VerMulm. Also in 2013, the minor league team Sioux City Explorers renewed a contract with KSCJ, allowing them to continue broadcasting their games.
Lineup & Format
- "Winter 2008 Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Explorers extend broadcast partnership with KSCJ". siouxcityjournal.com. Sioux City Journal. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- "KTIV's anchor team were special guests on KSCJ". ktiv.com. KTIV News. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- "X'S AND KSCJ CONTINUE BROADCAST PARTNERSHIP". xsbaseball.com. Sioux City Explorers. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- KSCJ official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KSCJ
- Radio-Locator Information on KSCJ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KSCJ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K235CA
- Radio-Locator information on K235CA
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|