|Slogan||The #1 Hit Music Station!|
|First air date||1964|
|Format||Top 40 (CHR)|
|Callsign meaning||Keeping Southland
Broadcasting (original owner)
(Radio License Holding CBC, LLC)
|Sister stations||KNEK-AM/FM, KRRQ, KXKC|
KSMB (94.5 FM, "94.5 KSMB") is a CHR radio station in Lafayette, Louisiana owned by Cumulus Media. KSMB began broadcasting in 1964 as Lafayette's first FM station. By the 1970s, the station had established an Album Rock format as "The New K-94-FM, The Stereo Rock!" In late 1984, the format was gradually shifted from Album Rock to the now legendary Top 40/CHR format, under their new moniker as "Hit Radio 94 & A 1/2 FM KSMB" occurring in October. the Hit Radio era lasted until 1994, when the current brand name was adopted as "94.5 KSMB". Citadel Broadcasting purchased KSMB from Powell Broadcasting in 1999. Citadel merged with Cumulus Media on September 16, 2011.
- Broadcasting/Cablecasting Yearbook 1984
- "Cumulus now owns Citadel Broadcasting". Atlanta Business Journal. September 16, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- KSMB website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KSMB
- Radio-Locator information on KSMB
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KSMB
|This article about a radio station in Louisiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|