|Broadcast area||Idaho Falls, Idaho|
|Branding||The Sports Zone 980|
|Translator(s)||98.7 K254DI (Idaho Falls)|
103.7 K279AU (Idaho Falls)
105.1 K286BU (Idaho Falls)
|First air date||1988|
|Power||5,000 watts day|
1,000 watts night
|Callsign meaning||K SPorts Zone|
|Owner||Sandhill Media Group, LLC|
KSPZ (980 AM) and (105.1 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a sports talk format. Licensed to Ammon, Idaho, United States, the station serves the Idaho Falls/Ammon area. The station is currently owned by Sandhill Media Group, LLC and features programming from ESPN Radio. The station is the radio home of the Idaho Falls Chukars, broadcasting all games (exhibition, regular season, and postseason).
The majority of the programming on KSPZ is ESPN Radio's nationally syndicated content including talk shows and professional/major college sporting events. However, there is plenty of local coverage including the Chukars, area highs schools, Boise State football, and BYU women's soccer.
John Balginy is the station manager and has broadcast Chukars games since 1985. Balginy is also the voice of Idaho Falls High School and Skyline High School (Idaho) on KSPZ. For 2017, Logan Ratick broadcasts all Chukars games (home and road) for the station and works alongside Balginy for all games at Melaleuca Field.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KSPZ
- Radio-Locator Information on KSPZ
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KSPZ
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K254DI
- Radio-Locator information on K254DI
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K279AU
- Radio-Locator information on K279AU
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K286BU
- Radio-Locator information on K286BU
|This article about a radio station in Idaho is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|