|Broadcast area||Santa Rosa, California|
|Frequency||100.9 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Translator(s)||95.5 K238AF (Santa Rosa, relays HD2)|
|First air date||1996 (as KRAZ)|
HD2: Spanish CHR "Latino 95.5"
|Callsign meaning||K SeXY (former format)|
|Former callsigns||KRAZ (5/16/96-3/31/97)
|Owner||Sinclair Telecable, Inc. DBA Sinclair Communications|
When KSXY began broadcasting operations, the station was at 95.9 MHz and was billed as SEXY 95.9 airing a Top 40 Mainstream format.
After the purchase of the station by Sinclair Broadcasting in 2001, the station moniker was changed from Sexy to Hot and swapped signals with its sister station KRSH and renamed HOT 98.7.
After 2 years airing a rhythmic format, Hot 98.7 changed back to their original mainstream format.
In July 2006, Hot 98.7 changed formats again to Top 40/Rhythmic and became Hot 98.7 "Blazin' Hip-Hop and R&B!"
On August 23, 2007, KSXY changed formats once more to rhythmic pop-leaning Adult Top 40 and began billing the station as "Y 98.7", with emphasis on 80s, 90s and current music. This format change coincides with the transfer of the station license to Commonwealth Communications which has been co-owner of the Sinclair Santa Rosa Cluster.
On February 8, 2008, KSXY moved to 100.9 FM in yet another frequency swap, this time with KXTS which took over the 98.7 FM frequency.
In July 2011, KSXY began shifting its direction back to Rhythmic Top 40, thus putting it in competition with KHTH after it debuted with a Mainstream Top 40 direction. Some country music was mixed into the rotation in 2015.
- "FCC Daily Digest page 10" (PDF). Federal Communications Commission. August 22, 2007. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- Ross, Sean (March 23, 2015). "Country Radio Goes Pop: How Formats Shift When Genres Cross". Billboard. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- Y100.9 Santa Rosa Gives Way To Alternative “The 101” Radioinsight - September 12, 2017
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KSXY
- Radio-Locator information on KSXY
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KSXY
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K238AF
- Radio-Locator information on K238AF
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|