|Full name||Klubi Sportiv Kastrioti Krujë|
|Ground||Kastrioti Stadium, Krujë, Albania|
|League||Albanian First Division, Group A|
|2016–17||Albanian First Division, Group A, 7th|
Klubi Sportiv Kastrioti Krujë is an Albanian football club based in the city of Krujë. The club's home ground is the Kastrioti Stadium which has a capacity of 8,000 spectators and they currently compete in the Albanian First Division.
The club was founded in 1926 as the city of Krujë's main sports club. During a brief spell in 1949 the club was dissolved, but was quickly re-established under the name of the city, Krujë. Two years later in 1951 the club was renamed Puna Krujë before reverting it back to simply Krujë again in 1958, which they later added Kastrioti to, in honour of the nobel Kastrioti family of which Albania's national hero Skanderbeg hailed from.
Rise and fall (1989–2006)
For many years the club only competed in the lower divisions of Albanian football, but they managed to achieve promotion to the top tier Albanian Superliga in 1990 for the very first time. During their debut season in the top flight the club finished in 12th place out of 14 teams with a record of 12 wins, 10 draws and 17 losses. The following season they would again finish 2 places from the bottom, in 14th place out of 16 teams, a feat they would replicate the following season once again, but this time the league format had changed and the club was relegated to the Albanian First Division. The club returned to the top flight in 1995 after winning the 1994–95 First Division title and gaining promotion. However, this was only short lived as they were relegated in their first season back after finishing in penultimate place. They would have to wait 10 years to return to the Superliga once again, as they achieved promotion in the 2004–05 season after finishing 3rd in the First Division.
Recent history (2006–2011)
During the 2005–06 season the club finished in its best league position of 8th place out of 12 teams and secured top flight football for another season. The following season they were relegated after losing in the promotion and relegtion play off against KS Lushnja 4–2 on penalties after a goalless stalemate. Kastrioti were immediately promoted after finishing in 3rd place and reaching the play offs for promotion, where they beat Partizani Tirana 1–0 to gain promotion. The club had to feature in the play off once again after finishing 9th out of 12 teams, but they beat KS Lushnja 1–0 to remain in the top flight. The following season the club finished 8th but narrowly avoided the promotion and relegation play off by goal difference.
In the summer of 2011, 75% of the club's shares were sold by the Municipality of Krujë to Alban Sport, Albania's exclusive distributor of Adidas and Reebok clothing. The remaining 25% of the club's shares were held by the Municipality of Krujë. This provided the club with greater resources to invest in the squad and to keep up with the other Superliga sides who were investing heavily at the time. The 2011–12 season proved to be the club's most successful campaign as they finished in 5th place, just one place behind reaching UEFA Europa League qualification stage. They again remained a mid table team, finishing 8th out of 14 teams in the 2012–13 season and remaining comfortably in the league.
- As of 5 February 2016
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- President: Petro Kumi
- Board member: Shkelzen Hoxha
- Board member: Arben Kumi
- Board member: Armand Shehu
- Ramadan Ndreu (2005–26 September 2006)
- Petrit Haxhia (26 September 2006 – 1 April 2007)
- Ramadan Ndreu (1 April 2007 – 7 October 2007)
- Vasil Bici (8 October 2007 – 2 March 2008)
- Ramadan Ndreu (2 March 2008 – 30 June 2012)
- Andrea Marko (31 June 2012 – 1 July 2012)
- Artan Mërgjyshi (1 July 2012 – 15 October 2012)
- Shaban Dollaku (16 October 2012 – 31 May 2013)
- Ramadan Ndreu (1 July 2013 – 9 November 2013)
- Kristaq Mile (15 November 2013 – 16 February 2014)
- Nevil Dede (17 February–)
- Elvis Plori (June 2015–)