|City||La Harpe, Kansas|
|Broadcast area||Iola, Kansas|
|First air date||2011|
|HAAT||66.2 meters (217 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KFKB (2009-2011)|
|Owner||Grace Public Radio|
KTRU (91.9 FM) is an American non-commercial educational radio station licensed to serve the community of La Harpe, Kansas. Established in 2011, this station's broadcast license is held by Grace Public Radio, owned by Fred R. and Evelyn K. Morton.
In October 2007, Grace Public Radio applied to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for a construction permit for a new broadcast radio station to serve Girard, Kansas. The FCC granted this permit on October 8, 2008, with a scheduled expiration date of October 8, 2011. The new station was assigned call sign "KFKB" on January 1, 2009.
In August 2010, with the station still under construction, the permit holder applied to change the new station's city of license from Girard to La Harpe, Kansas. The FCC issued a new permit to make this change on April 5, 2011, with a scheduled expiration of October 8, 2011. The station applied for, and was assigned, new call sign "KTRU" by the FCC on May 17, 2011. After construction and testing were completed in October 2011, the station was granted its broadcast license on October 28, 2011.
- "Call Sign History". CDBS Public Access Database. U.S. Federal Communications Commission Media Bureau. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- "Application Search Details (BNPED-20071015ACV)". FCC Media Bureau. October 8, 2008. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "Application Search Details (BMPED-20100803AAM)". FCC Media Bureau. April 5, 2011. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20111003ABA)". FCC Media Bureau. October 28, 2011. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KTRU
- Radio-Locator information on KTRU
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KTRU