Big Spring, Texas
|Branding||La Ley 104.7|
|Frequency||104.7 FM (MHz)|
Raycom Media |
(KWES License Subsidiary, LLC)
|Sister stations||KWES-TV, KWAB-TV, KTLE-LP|
KTXC is a Spanish language radio station airing a regional Mexican format, licensed to Lamesa, Texas, broadcasting on 104.7 MHz FM. KTXC serves the areas of Lamesa, Texas, Midland, Texas, Big Spring, Texas, and Odessa, Texas, and is owned by Raycom Media.
KTXC began in 1977 as KCOT on 104.7 MHz., an affiliate of KPET (AM). It was sold in 1983 to a group that controlled KBYG (AM) Big Spring. Signal was expanded to 100 kilowatts from an 800-foot tower.
Another station started at 100.3 FM in the area in 1987. In 1988 the two stations exchanged dial positions. This was reversed in 1996 when the southern signal for Lamesa, Big Spring and Midland returned to 104.7.
On August 21, 2002, Graham Brothers Communications announced that it would sell KTXC to Drewry Communications Group. The deal marked Drewry's re-entry into radio, as the company had previously sold KSWO radio (now KKRX) in the company's homebase of Lawton, Oklahoma to Perry Publishing & Broadcasting Company in 1998.
On August 10, 2015, Raycom Media announced that it would purchase Drewry Communications Group for $160 million. The deal was completed on December 1, 2015. KTXC, along with KEYU-FM in Amarillo, are Raycom's first radio stations since the company sold WMC AM-FM in Memphis, Tennessee to Infinity Broadcasting Corporation in 2000.
- KTXC fcc.gov. Accessed October 19, 2012
- "Odessa, Texas, NBC Affiliate Agrees to Purchase Popular Radio Station". Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News. August 21, 2002. Retrieved August 15, 2015.
- Harry A. Jessell (August 10, 2015). "Raycom Buying Drewry For $160 Million". TVNewsCheck. NewsCheck Media. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "APPLICATION FOR CONSENT TO ASSIGNMENT OF BROADCAST STATION CONSTRUCTION PERMIT OR LICENSE". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. August 7, 2015. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- Kuperberg, Jonathan (December 1, 2015). "Raycom Media Completes $160 Million Acquisition of Drewry Communications". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- "Raycom Closes On Drewry TV-Radio Buy". TVNewsCheck. December 1, 2015. Retrieved December 2, 2015.
- KTXC's official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KTXC
- Radio-Locator information on KTXC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KTXC
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|