|Broadcast area||Los Angeles area|
|First air date||1958|
|Format||Catholic Spanish language|
5,000 watts day|
500 watts night
|Owner||El Sembrador Ministries|
KTYM (1460 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Spanish language Catholic radio format and is an affiliate of ESNE Radio. Licensed to Inglewood, California, United States, the station serves the Los Angeles area. KTYM is owned by El Sembrador Ministries of Chatsworth, California.
KTYM, formerly owned by Trans America Broadcasting, aired a mix of religious talk shows and paid programming. On March 17, 2014, Trans America reached a deal to sell KTYM to IHR Educational Broadcasting, operator of the Immaculate Heart Radio network. However, the KTYM purchase was put on hold. On July 22, 2014, Immaculate Heart Radio announced the purchase of Spanish-language KHJ, which switched formats to Catholic religious programming. In March 2015, the sale of KTYM to Immaculate Heart Radio was approved by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). In September 2015, KTYM was sold to El Sembrador Ministries and became a Radio Católica affiliate. El Sembrador Ministries operates six other radio stations in California and Mexico and one station in Chicago.
- "Application for Consent to Transfer Control of Entity Holding Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. April 3, 2014. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- Venta, Lance (April 15, 2014). "Immaculate Heart Radio Expands To Los Angeles". RadioInsight. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "Los Angeles, CA – KHJ – 930 AM". Immaculate Heart Radio. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- http://laradio.com/ March 6. 2015.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KTYM
- Radio-Locator Information on KTYM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KTYM
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|