|Broadcast area||Brainerd micropolitan area|
|Slogan||"The Lakes' greatest hits"|
|First air date||1994 (as KABD)|
|HAAT||85 meters (279 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||KUAL (Sounds Like Cool)|
|Former callsigns||KABD-FM (6/1994-8/1994)|
|Owner||Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. |
(HBI Radio Brainerd/Wadena, LLC)
|Sister stations||KVBR, KLIZ, KBLB, WJJY-FM|
KUAL-FM (103.5 FM; "Cool 103.5") is a radio station licensed to Brainerd, Minnesota, United States. The station is owned by Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. and the broadcast license is held by HBI Radio Brainerd/Wadena, LLC. . KUAL broadcasts an Oldies/Classic hits format. During the holiday season, the station broadcasts holiday music along with the program "This Was Christmas."
KUAL is a sister station to KVBR 1340 (business news/talk), KLIZ 1380 (sports), KBLB 93.3 (country), WJJY-FM 106.7 (adult contemporary), and KLIZ-FM 107.5 (classic rock). All are located in a brand new modern broadcast facility located at 13225 Dogwood Drive, Baxter.
Hubbard Broadcasting announced on November 13, 2014 that it would purchase the Omni Broadcasting stations, including KUAL-FM. The sale was completed on February 27, 2015, at a purchase price of $8 million for the 16 stations and one translator.
- "KUAL-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "FCC Application". Federal Communications Commission. Missing or empty
- "Hubbard Picks up 16 Stations From Omni". Radio Ink. November 13, 2014. Archived from the original on November 13, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "Hubbard Closes on 16 MN Stations from Omni". Radio Online. February 27, 2015. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- COOL 103.5 official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KUAL
- Radio-Locator information on KUAL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KUAL
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|