|Broadcast area||Portland, Oregon|
|Branding||Westside Talk Radio|
|First air date||October 29, 1954 (as KRTV)|
|Former callsigns||KRTV (1954-1957)|
|Owner||Dolphin Radio LLC|
KUIK first went on the air in 1954 from a transmitter site on Oregon Route 219 just south of downtown Hillsboro, and offices ans studios on the second floor of a building on SE 2nd St., just south of the Washington County Courthouse. It changed ownership percentages several times until purchased by Don McCoun, who moved the studios and offices to the same location as the original transmitter site. Later, the station moved to its current facility in the Hillsboro Airport terminal, with the transmitter located east of the city when it added nighttime operation. Don McCoun purchased the station in 1978, and operated it until selling it in 2005 to Spencer Rubin. McCoun stayed on as a show host, and resumed ownership of KUIK in 2012.
The station carries nationally syndicated talk-show hosts Laura Ingraham and Dennis Prager, in addition to locally originated news and talk programming. KUIK also airs local high-school sports, San Francisco 49ers football, San Francisco Giants baseball and NASCAR racing events. KUIK serves Washington County, which includes the cities and communities of Hillsboro, Beaverton, Aloha, Tigard, Tualatin, Sherwood, Wilsonville, Forest Grove and Banks.
- Theen, Andrew (August 16, 2012). "McCoun back in the saddle at KUIK radio in Hillsboro". The Oregonian. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "OSB Radio Affiliates". GoDucks.com - The University of Oregon Official Athletics Site. Retrieved April 14, 2009.
- KUIK Website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KUIK
- Radio-Locator Information on KUIK
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KUIK
|This article about a radio station in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|