|City||Santa Paula, California|
|Broadcast area||Ventura County, California|
|Branding||Radio Bronco 1400 AM & 102.5 FM|
|Translator(s)||102.5 MHz K273CT (Oxnard, CA)|
|First air date||1948 (as KSPA)|
|Owner||Gold Coast Broadcasting LLC|
|Sister stations||KCAQ, KFYV, KKZZ, KOCP, KVTA|
KUNX (1400 kHz) is a commercial AM radio station licensed to Santa Paula, California and broadcasting to the Ventura County, California area. The station broadcasts in the Spanish language, carrying a regional Mexican music format branded as "Radio Bronco 1400 AM & 102.5 FM". KUNX is owned by Gold Coast Broadcasting LLC. The station is rebroadcast on FM translator station K273CT (102.5 MHz) in Oxnard, California.
The station first signed on 1948 as KSPA. Since then, it has hosted a number of formats including country (as KQIQ), all-news (as KAAP), and Spanish language (as KUNX). It used the KKZZ call letters for a long period as an adult standards station in the 1990s. In recent years, some of its programs were a simulcast of nearby KKZZ.
In February 2013, it switched to the Spanish-language Radio Fórmula, a Mexican news/talk radio network. In March 2017, it added an FM translator station at the 102.5 MHz frequency. In May 2017, KUNX flipped to a regional Mexican music format with the moniker and the brand name "La Super X". On September 1, 2017, the station adopted the "Radio Bronco" branding.
- Ross, Sean; Rosen, Craig; Stark, Phyllis (July 6, 1991). "Stern Finally A Done Deal At KLSX; Driscoll Out At Q102; NBN Drops News" (PDF). Billboard. p. 13. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KUNX
- Radio-Locator Information on KUNX
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KUNX
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K273CT
- Radio-Locator information on K273CT
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|