|City||Moscow, Idaho, U.S.|
|Broadcast area||The Palouse
North Central Idaho
|Branding||KUOI FM Moscow|
|Frequency||89.3 MHz (1968–present)
660 kHz (formerly)
|First air date||November 12, 1945|
|Callsign meaning||University Of Idaho|
|Owner||Associated Students of the University of Idaho (ASUI)|
KUOI-FM (89.3 FM) is a freeform, college radio station in the western United States at the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. It broadcasts in Moscow, the neighboring city Pullman, Washington, and in other townships on the Palouse. KUOI is headquartered in the third floor of the Student Union Building at Sixth and Deakin streets, on the northeast edge of campus.
Starting on the AM dial in 1945 at 655 kHz with a two-watt transmitter, it moved to 660 in 1947 at five watts; with the move to FM, it went to ten watts in 1968 at 89.3 MHz. It boosted up to fifty watts and stereo in 1977, and to 400 watts in January 1995.
- "Radio club plans new and better radio programs". Idaho Argonaut. (Moscow). (University of Idaho). November 15, 1945. p. 1.
- "Talent call issued for programs over KUOI". Idaho Argonaut. (Moscow). (University of Idaho). November 21, 1945. p. 1.
- Seale, Larry (November 15, 1968). "KUOI officially begins FM programming on Sunday". Idaho Argonaut. (Moscow). (University of Idaho). p. 1.
- "KUOI now broadcasting FM to Moscow, Pullman". Idaho Argonaut. (Moscow). (University of Idaho). November 19, 1968. p. 1.
- Marone, Erik (Fall 1995). "Still chafing after all these years" (PDF). KUOI: In Cue. pp. 18–21.
- Loftus, Bill (January 11, 1977). "KUOI: stalking number one spot in student radio". Idaho Argonaut. (Moscow). (University of Idaho). p. 8.
- "KUOI tower erection will boost transmission". Idaho Argonaut. (Moscow). (University of Idaho). January 14, 1977. p. 12.
- Casey, Dawn (January 17, 1995). "KUOI finally gets a power boost". Idaho Argonaut. (Moscow). (University of Idaho). p. 1.
- KUOI-FM official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KUOI
- Radio-Locator information on KUOI
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KUOI
|This article about a radio station in Idaho is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|